I’m sharing affresh® in my life as part of a sponsored series for Socialstars™ #affresh As a mom, I sometimes do not get as much rest as I should. I was either hemmed up in bed sandwiched between two tots and a dog or someone was sick, nightmares, or another countless reason to be next to mom. I love my kids and I really really love my coffee. There is nothing like waking up in the morning to the fresh clean aroma of a perfectly brewed cup, but you know you’re a busy mom when you leave for work with an empty coffee cup!
If you use your pot as much as I do, pretty soon the hard water and lime will form deposits and you will need to descale your faithful coffee maker or your coffee will not taste nearly as good. To keep the freshest cup you can have a standard every time, you should descale the coffee maker at least once a month. There are many ways to clean your pot, but I listed the 3 most common below.
Three Ways To Clean Your Coffee Maker
- Vinegar: The old standby for cleaning your mom’s pot. You simply run vinegar and water through your coffee maker for an entire pot, then rinse with another pot of water for a full cycle. Who likes vinegar mixed with your coffee? Not I, but hey rinse it twice. No one wants their Trusty Joe tasting like vinegar.
- Baking soda: Use 1/4 cup of baking soda mixed with warm water so the baking soda dissolves properly. Then wash rinse and repeat as above.
- affresh® Coffeemaker Cleaner: The easiest way is to just use the new standard in our house. affresh® Coffeemaker Cleaner is a specifically designed cleaner for both multi-cup and single cup coffee makers.
Once you have dropped the tablet in, the freshness of a new coffee pot is yours to have.
How to use for multi-cup coffeemakers:
1. FILL the reservoir with water to max level
2. Drop 1 tablet into reservoir. (For coffeemakers with covered reservoirs, fill the brew pot with water and dissolve 1 tablet in the brew pot, then pour solution into water reservoir)
3. RUN 1 brew cycle (or ‘clean’ cycle if applicable) into brew pot.
4. DISCARD dirty water from brew pot and then fill reservoir with fresh water to max level
5. RUN 1 brew cycle using fresh water then discard to rinse the coffeemaker.
How to use for single serve brewers:
FILL the reservoir to max level. Drop 1 tablet into reservoir.
RUN 2 brew cycles selecting largest cup size, discarding dirty water between brews.
DISCARD remaining water from reservoir. Fill reservoir with fresh water to max level.
RUN 2 additional brew cycles and then discard to rinse coffeemaker.