My husband and I decided that we are absolutely, 100% done with having children. We had a “one and done” mentality, but that sort of went out the window when we decided that Aidan needed a friend. Now, we are really done. While it is sort of sad to think about the fact that I’ll never feel tiny feet kicking or hear the heartbeat during an ultrasound, it is bittersweet. I am now the proud owner of a body that has carried two children in 4 years, and a smile that can use a lot of work! Sure, I brush and floss daily and generally take care of my smile but it is definitely missing the glow from pre-children. I’ve decided that now is a great time to focus on me, starting simple by brightening my smile. I’m going to follow a simple regimen and steps to a whiter smile.
5 Steps to a Whiter Smile
- Watch What I Drink: As a self-proclaimed coffee addict, this one is going to be hard. I know that if I continue to drink copious amounts of coffee, any whitening regimen I begin is going to be a bust. Time to put my coffee and diet soda addiction to rest!
- Watch What I Eat: Foods aren’t usually the first culprit that you’d pinpoint, but you’d be surprised by how damaging certain foods can be! Cutting the red sauces and dark berries isn’t going to be easy, but it’ll be worth it for whiter teeth!
- Head to the Dentist: Any dentist will tell you, the first step to a whiter smile is going to be a visit to your hygienist and a good cleaning. There is no point in whitening if there is an underlying issue.
- Brush and Floss: Twice a day, if not three times a day. We all say we are going to do it…but how many of us are guilty of only brushing twice or even only once per day?
- After Care: Once your teeth are white, it’s time to put in some work to keep them white. Investing in a rinse, whitening toothpaste and even a daily whitening treatment will go a long way in keeping your smile bright.
Being a busy mom, I can’t invest too much time into my teeth whitening routine. I have started using the Colgate® Optic White® Toothbrush + Whitening Pen each morning and each night before bed in order to liven up my smile. It is incredibly easy to use. The toothbrush itself isn’t too bulky, and the bristles surround a rubberized inset which is surprisingly pleasant during my brushing sessions. I was concerned about how the whitening gel was going to stay put on my teeth, but it actually does! It is convenient because I don’t have to worry about any trays or gooey strips that I have to peel off. It is literally a BRUSH.WHITEN.GO.® experience! Can’t get enough of Colgate Optic White? How does the Colgate Optic White Toothbrush + Whitening pen fit into your daily beauty routine? Share your experience here and check out what other products Colgate Optic White has to offer! Two lucky readers will win their own full Optic White Regimen of a Colgate® Optic White® Toothbrush + Whitening Pen, Colgate® Optic White® Express White Toothpaste and Colgate® Optic White® WhiteSeal Mouthwash, valued at $35! Enter to win below!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.