When it comes to entertaining at home, no room is more important than the kitchen. Sure, I try to get the hot spots clean like the entrance, bathroom, and pool deck but the party always seems to group in the kitchen and that’s what needs to be shown off. The open style of my Florida house lends itself has an intimacy that naturally gravitates to the kitchen. Either that or I am always cooking.
Now that everyone is seated at the bar and standing in the kitchen, it’s too late to clean or fix anything. You want to create a space where guests can relax comfortably with food and friends. Follow these simple tips and your kitchen help your gathering be more successful even if your cooking doesn’t.
- Sizzle: Nothing is going to make a home more welcoming than a hot skillet of garlic or bacon. Why not garlic sauteed in bacon grease? You should really be cooking everything in bacon grease. It’s not environmentally friendly to pour it out. Think of your body as a filter. Fresh bread and sauteed onions smell good as well.
- Snacks: Have a little something sitting out for your guests to snack on. You don’t want them staring at the oven, waiting on the chicken to be done. Think about smoked salmon on crackers with a dill sauce. No worries.
- Teamwork: Get other people involved in the meal. They are already standing around doing little more than drinking all your wine. Let them cut the onions or stir the roux. Trust me, they want to help.
- Clean: Wipe down anything people can see. Great idea! Use the NEW Lysol Power and Free Tap Top multi purpose cleaner. The Citrus Sparkle and Oxygen Splash fresh scents will smell better than fish heads and shrimp tails. Hydrogen peroxide micro bubbles make sure that no one at your bar gets salmonella. Bonus!
- Music: Consider whether your party needs a rock or adult contemporary selection. Motown can take much of the guesswork out of it. Trust the Otis Redding, Sam Perkins choice. Feel the party and let the music help drive it.
Lysol Power and Free Tap Top kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses. Lysol has been a trusted brand in health and hygiene for over a hundred years.
You can learn more about Lysol and get the skinny on cleaning products and difference between cleaning and disinfecting. To stay updated on the recent goings on of all things Lysol, follow them on their social media channels at @Lysol and on Facebook.
Tell me your worst kitchen cleaning nightmare and enter to win canister of Lysol Tap Top for yourself!