Thank you Healthy Choice for sponsoring this post. Visit your local retailer to pick up your own Healthy Choice Simply Cafe Steamer or Original Cafe Steamer meal today! It’s time to start thinking about meal planning. It’s as simple as organizing the way you plan, purchase for, and cook meals. It’s the list you scratch on a napkin before you shop. Maybe a month in advance, freezing vacuum-packed packets of sauces and stews. I admit, sometimes I wing it, shopping just for that evening’s meal and then having to do the same thing again the next night. Effective meal planning is a personal choice that’s defined by the needs of your people and what they enjoy. What works for you may not work for me. The goal is to find a process that is both enjoyable and effective.
5 Easy Ways To Create A Weekly Meal Plan
- Look For New Recipes: This may seem like an indulgence, but just make the time to do it. Peruse blog sites and web pages for recipes that are down your alley. Review some of those old cookbooks and grab some note pads. There are always new and delicious ideas being crafted and you haven’t learned everything yet. Get busy!
- Find Out What They Like To Eat: You can take their favorite recipe and make it a special night. If you need to, you can tweak its ingredients a little so you can feel better about giving it to them. It’s easy to get caught up in our own business and forget to ask them what they would like. It’s more fun when cooking a meal as like a gift and you surprise the palate of someone you love. Once you find out what they enjoy, keep finding new ways to perfect it. You can return to the original recipe anytime. You already know they love it.
- Create A Calendar: After you figure out what you are going to eat, make a calendar of what you’d like to cook over the next few days or weeks. It can be as organized on a computer or a napkin, with notes on each day’s menu. It allows you to buy certain products and ingredients once and store them for later use. The main thing is to write it down and create some organization.
- Check What’s On Sale: Some folks really like to organize their meals around sales. Is organic chicken a dollar off this week? Is olive oil hummus on special? Or garbanzo beans? Hunt for the the deals online, in the circulars, or newspaper coupon section and adjust your dinner plan and shopping list.
- Make A Shopping List: It pays to shop very purposefully. Look at their recipes and make a shopping list. Some of the meal planning and recipe-saving services let you do this easily, extracting ingredients from the recipes you have saved. Begin with the dishes you wish to prepare and see how you can make the recipe healthier by substituting certain ingredients. Also, add a few items of convenience for those nights you might need to relax. Look no further than your frozen food section for fresh and filling Healthy Choice Simply Café Steamers. You can even control the number of calories by adding as little or as much sauce as you want.
With 100 percent natural ingredients and no artificial ingredients, steam is used to turn simple ingredients into crispy, delicious vegetables and juicy proteins. We tried the Meatball Marinara, and with less than 310 calories and more than 18 grams of protein, it’s tray-in-tray steam cooking method separates ingredients during heating to unlock all that freshness. The Healthy Choice Simply Cafe Steamers line has a wealth of meals from which to choose, including Chicken Fried Rice, Grilled Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo, Chicken & Vegetable Stir Fry and Grilled Pesto & Vegetables. Try them all and you and your family will taste the difference.
Healthy Choice is the only major brand in the frozen meals section that can call 100% of its products “healthy” as approved by the FDA. I feel better knowing that when I am responsible for cooking for my troops. Find Healthy Choice Café Steamers in stores nationwide for the manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $3.29. Visit the Healthy Choice landing page, their Facebook page, and follow their hashtag. #TBD
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.