Once again, the hot topic of the day is making more effective use of my time! I love tips and tricks that help make my life easier, especially chores. Cleaning chores can seem like drudgery, but you can play mind tricks on yourself. Someone told me once a while ago to live like my house is always for sale. Looking at the rooms with fresh eyes helps to see what really needs to be done right away and what can be put on the back burner. These housekeeping shortcuts help me get through the day when it feels like I don’t have a spare minute.
Easy Housekeeping Shortcuts Even Your Kid Could Do
- Freshen your air: Whether you use commercial air fresheners, homemade spritzes or essential oil diffusers, making a room smell better may make you feel better about it until you really have time to deep clean.
- Straighten and fluff: Sometimes straightening chairs around the table or fluffing and rearranging your throw pillows is all it takes to give the main living area a quick pick-me-up.
- Pre-prep your oven: On a night that you’re not using the oven, like a take-out night, take a minute to spray the inside of the oven with oven cleaner. The next morning, it should wipe out with ease.
- Use toilet drop ins: These will lengthen the time between needed cleanings and will help keep hard water rings down to a minimum, too, making one of the most dreaded chores a little easier to manage. With every flush, it cleans and deodorizes so you don’t have to.
- Clean glass when it’s cloudy: Waiting for an overcast day to clean your windows can help prevent streaks and extra rubbing. The direct sunlight can evaporate the cleaning solution more quickly than desired for best results.
- Use your lint roller for dusting: This works great on lamp shades and curtains, as well as other furniture and upholstery. You can avoid the hassle of pulling out the vacuum and all of its little attachments.
- Write out laundry instructions: Just in case your family members forget how, write down the basics like water temperature and preferred settings along with any special instructions for particular items. Of course, if you stop by Best Buy to pick up Swash ($499.99, refills $6.99/12 pack), the newest craze in laundry help, you can include the simple instructions for that on your list. This simple machine refreshes clothes in 10 minutes. Like magic, your clothes will come out wrinkle free and smelling great!
Modern technology is definitely revolutionizing the way we tackle household chores. Why wash your clothes when you could Swash them? It removes wrinkles and refreshes clothes. This leads to less use of the washing machine which saves time and money, not to mention the wear and tear on your clothing.
Swash doesn’t need vents or special wiring. All it needs is a regular wall outlet and it’s quiet, so you can put it anywhere. Best Buy has a couple really nice offers coming up for prospective purchasers, too! From May 17 to June 6 of 2015 you can get $150 off a Swash when you buy any Whirlpool laundry pair, and between June 6th-20th you will get a $75 Best Buy gift card when you purchase a new Swash. Best Buy always has free shipping on anything over $35, or they’ll arrange in-store pickup in as little as 45 minutes. This post is sponsored by Swash and Best Buy, and the opinions are my own.