A Mouth-watering Dessert Recipe
I love making desserts, but I don’t always have a lot of time at the end of the night. I try to use a few pre-made ingredients to turn what would be an ordinary dessert into something a little bit more special. I made a Pear and Cherry Galette. Galette is a term used in French cooking that refers to a sort of free form pastry. It’s all the goodness of pie without the plate or the crimping. It is “easy as pie.”
- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated piecrust
- 2 pears, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling, drained to remove excess liquid
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Unroll the pie crust onto a large piece of parchment paper and roll out to an 11-inch round. Combine the pears, pie filling, and flour and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture onto the center of the piecrust, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges. Fold over the edges, slightly covering the filling (the crust will overlap slightly as you bring it up over the filling - that's what makes it look rustic and cool!).
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
- Cool slightly and sift the confectioners' sugar over the top just before serving. Cut into four (or more) pieces. Enjoy!
Save your favorite recipes on the web right to your ZipList online recipe box. You can even add ingredients from each recipe to your shopping list and take it all on-the-go to the store with ZipList’s free mobile app. To add a recipe to your list or recipe box, just click the “save recipe” button. Then sign up using your email address, Facebook or Twitter account. You can get the free mobile app for your iphone or android from ziplist.com.
Please check out more delicious recipes and other Mom stuff at Confessions of an Over-worked Mom
Ellen is a busy mom of two teenagers who left the corporate world in 2008 to focus on a more eco-friendly life. She lives in rural Vermont where she juggles family, two blogs and a career in social media. You can find her at Confessions of an Overworked Mom
Great minds think alike! I’m making a galette for a BBQ this weekend and I love the combo of cherries and pears!
This looks absolutely delicious!!! Love any desserts with pear 🙂
Looks delicious, and a great combination of flavors.
Oh this sure sounds good! I love peaches but usually have a hard time thinking of what to do with them so I just eat them plain. 🙂
Comments are closed.