- 1 large can of chunk pineapple
- 1 large can of mandarin oranges
- 1 small package of vanilla cook & serve pudding (DO NOT use Sugar FREE)
- 3 bananas
- 1 can of of Lemon Lime 7up (I usually buy a 2 liter)
- Drain fruit and SAVE the juice. I put the cans of fruit in a large strainer and place it over a bowl to catch the juice. Let that set while you work on the next steps.
- Slice your bananas and place them in a bowl and pour 7 up over them. Let them set for about 5 minutes to keep your bananas from turning dark. Then pour the 7 up down the drain, you WILL NOT use the 7 up any longer.
- Measure out 1½ cups of juice from your canned fruit, NOT from your banana 7up. Place the juice in a pan and heat on medium. While it is warming up, slowly drop in the cook and serve powder and stir. Slowly bring to a boil over medium heat until the sauce thickens. Allow sauce to cool and keep draining your fruit in the strainer so that the fruit salad will not be runny.
- Now you can add your bananas to the rest of your fruit mix. When the sauce cools, add all your fruit to it and place it in the fridge. I LOVE to eat this warm, my oldest son loves to eat it over vanilla ice cream!
This recipe was sent in by Bobbie Anne Munsey, author of Blog With Mom. She lives in Texas and enjoys posting family friendly product reviews and giveaways.Do not forget to enter the rest of the current Sweepstakes