Apple Butter reminds me of my childhood and having sandwiches with my Grandma on Saturday. This Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie Recipe is a guest post by Ellen. Ellen is a busy mom of two teenagers who left the corporate world in 2008 to focus on a more eco-friendly life. She lives in rural Vermont where she juggles family, two blogs and a career in social media. You can find her at Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- 19 inch pie crust
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin
- 1 cup of apple butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup half and half
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In large bowl beat the eggs until combined. Add pumpkin, apple butter, sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg and mix. Stir in half and half.
- Pour into prepared pie shell.
- Bake 10 minutes and then turn the heat to 350F and bake 35-40 more minutes.
- Allow to cool 30 minutes at room temperature. Refrigerate and serve.
Save your favorite recipes on the web right to your ZipList online recipe box. You can even add ingredients from each recipe to your shopping list and take it all on-the-go to the store with ZipList’s free mobile app. To add a recipe to your list or recipe box, just click the “save recipe” button. Then sign up using your email address, Facebook or Twitter account. You can get the free mobile app for your iphone or android from ziplist.com.