The coupons for product redemption, information, and gift card have been provided by Arnold® Bread so that I could try the product and share my thoughts and information about Arnold® The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions of Arnold® Bread. Did you know the average American eats 53 pounds of bread every year? I cannot attest to the rest of the country, but I know we eat a boat load of bread in my house! When I was growing up, mom served bread at just about every meal. I cannot imagine having a plate of pasta without some bread to soak up every last drop of the sauce! Because we are a busy family, we eat a lot of “fast food” in our home, which means food I can make quickly. One of our favorite meals is a bowl of soup with one of our favorite sandwiches. We have a panini sandwich maker we totally love and use quite a bit. One of my favorite sandwiches to make is my Avocado Veggie Panini with one of the Arnold® Whole Grain Sliced Breads.
I have been a fan of the Arnold® breads for many years now. This family owned business has been selling their hard to resist breads since the late 1950’s. They have a huge variety of Whole Grain Sliced Breads, Rolls and Arnold® Sandwich Thins®, which have been endorsed by Weight Watchers. This was so exciting to me because I was so afraid I would be giving up bread when I started my journey to lose weight last year.
The Arnold® Sandwich Thins® may be thinner than your average slice of bread, but they are certainly not lacking in flavor! All of the Arnold® breads 3 to 4 grams of fiber per slice or thin, zero grams of trans fat, no high fructose corn syrup and are cholesterol free. It is recommended by health professionals we eat between 25-38 grams of fiber and 48 grams of whole grains per day. You can get much of this from your favorite whole grain products from Arnold® Breads, Thins and Rolls.
Currently, the Arnold® Bread company is running a “America’s Better Sandwich” contest which offers the grand prize winner a whopping $25,000! To enter, you need to create a sandwich with healthy fillings to match the healthy goodness of Arnold® Bread. There are 4 sandwich categories; “Creative Classic” (a healthful twist on a sandwich that has been around for more than two generations, such as a Reuben, BLT or club sandwich), “Stealthily Simple” (maximum of five (5) ingredients), “Fueling Good” (ingredients that help boost your energy such as healthful fats, protein, fiber and iron), and “Meatless Marvel” (no animal products including land and sea animals may be included in the recipe). Entries will be accepted July 23rd to August 22nd and the recipe in each sandwich category with the highest score will receive a $5,000 category prize. The online consumer voting will take place September 22nd through October 17th, and the winners will be announced on National Sandwich Day, which is November 3rd. One USA reader will win coupons for free product and a $25 Visa gift card, ARV $52.
- 1½ tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 minced shallot (onion or garlic works too)
- 8 ounces sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 cups arugula
- salt to taste
- 2 avocados
- 8 pieces of Arnold bead of your choice
- White cheese like Provolone, Mozzarella, or Swiss
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the shallots; saute until translucent. Add the mushrooms and saute until browned lightly on the outside. Add the tomatoes and arugula; saute until wilted and warmed through. Remove from heat and season with salt.
- Mash the avocado in a bowl with a fork. Spread some avocado on the surface of each piece of bread. Assemble the sandwiches by carefully arranging the vegetables on the bread. Get as many veggies on as you can because the sandwiches sink down when you use the panini press.
- Add the cheese on top of the veggies, cover with another slice of bread, and place on a preheated panini press. When the bread is browned on the outside, remove from heat.
What is your favorite sandwich and which Arnold® Bread do you use?