Back to school season is stressful enough. This year, Aidan begins VPK and an entirely new schedule in a new classroom. I am also working full time out of the home. I am really not sure what my next two weeks are going to look like when this new schedule goes in to full effect. All I do know is that I want to be ready for it! We are taking steps in order to get Aidan going to bed earlier, we are setting our alarm clocks to go off just a bit sooner and beginning to prepare school supplies and outfits. What I realized, though, is that we have not even considered the fact that our nightly routine was going to be different. VPK means homework, which means time away from the kitchen and the usual meal prepping that I do after work. It means that I am going to need to employ my handy and easy weeknight meal ideas to get us through this transition.
5 Go To Easy Weeknight Meal Ideas
- Crock Pot Meals: It couldn’t be any easier than this. Throw ingredients in the crock pot, set it for 8 hours on low and let it do all the cooking for you! There is nothing better than walking in to a great smelling home with dinner already made!
- Tacos: Set up a taco bar with ground turkey or beef, shredded cheese and lettuce with any other fixings that your family might enjoy. Serve with a side of chips and salsa and black beans for an easy and low maintenance dinner.
- Casseroles: Probably one of my favorite easy weeknight meal ideas, casseroles can be prepared in advance. Pull it out of the fridge or freezer, pop it in the over and dinner is served in 45 minutes.
- Lasagna: Another great idea, similar in concept to the casserole. Throw a few lasagnas together over the weekend and pop them in the freezer. Pull them out on nights when you just don’t feel like doing anything in the kitchen. You will thank yourself later!
- Wraps: These are a hot food item in our home. We like to throw together wraps with tuna, turkey or even hamburgers. No matter what, a basic chicken breast strip and cheese wrap will always hold the key to my heart.
I am a huge fan of any type of food that is fast and easy. I don’t have time to spare now, so the next few weeks of back to school madness need to go off without a hitch in the kitchen. I do some of my quick trip food shopping at Walmart. It is right down the road and I have the store completely mapped out so that I can be in and out in no time at all. I zip through the store and purchase all of the ingredients required for my easy weeknight meal ideas, including Tyson® Grilled and Ready® Chicken Breast Strips.
These strips are great in a wrap, on a salad, in tacos or simply by themselves. They have been a big hit in my house for a long time now! They are 100% all-natural and made with all-white meat, 97% fat free and fully cooked. They are an effortless way to make healthy home cooked meals. The coolest part, by purchasing Tyson® Grilled and Ready® Chicken Breast Strips, you are participating in Tyson Project A+™. Tyson Project A+™ is an incredible program that gives money back to participating schools with each clipped label that is submitted. In fact, it gives back 24 cents for every label- and your school can use this money back for whatever it needs!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson. The opinions and text are all mine.