I wish my mother had told me how expensive it was to raise children! Wait! I think she actually did and I was too in love with my new bundle of joy to listen! It may just be me, but think the older kids get, the more expensive they are. They want more clothes, shoes, tech gadgets and the latest toys and gaming systems. When it is time for back to school, I am usually in a panic because I have a teenage daughter to buy for. I do not know about other moms of teen girls, but this one is a fashionista diva who is one step away from the catwalk! I wanted to find her some cute shoes but had no idea what was trending this year. Here is what I found:
Top Girls Shoe Styles For Back To School
- Sandals: My girls loves her sandals, but can only wear certain styles to school. They cannot be open toed or open at the back. The perfect pair to dress up or down an outfit are a cute pair of gladiator sandals, which are all the rage this year.
- Ballet Flats: I have never been a huge fan of high heels and neither is Caitlin. If you are looking for a feminine pair of shoes without the heel, consider a pair of ballet flats. They comes in just about every color you can imagine including metallic, which are super hot this year.
- Sneakers: Every kid needs a good pair of sneakers, and my girl is included in that group. Sneakers can be fun, cute, flirty and funky as well as useful all at the same time. Caitlin loves her high tops for everyday wear and low tops for her P.E. days.
- Clogs: This Swedish inspired shoe seems to come in and out of style. This year they are in and baby they are in big time! Do not mess with the rubber kind, but instead get the real thing; a pair of wooden clogs!
- Moccasins: I wore moccasins when I was Caitlin’s age and now they are popular again. If you can find them with a little bit of bling, even better! I found a super cute pair of moccasins with LAMO Footwear. The Icicle Moc is perfect for my little fashionista!
I have been a huge fan of the LAMO Footwear for a few years now. I reviews a pair of sandals in my post, “The Most Popular Summer Shoe Styles” as well as a pair of plain moccasins in the post, “Cute Shoes For Back To School From LAMO Sweepstakes.” When I was offered another pair of shoes for back to school for Caitlin, I was super excited. I chose the Icicle Moc in black, which retails for $66. The shoe also comes in Electric Blue, Hot Pink and Taupe and can be purchased from the LAMO website, Amazon and other fine shoe retailers.
I love the Classic moc, which we already love with the added jewel details. silver bling is the perfect accent to the shoes to make them a bit dressier to wear with skirts or dresses. They also look just great with jeans, shorts or leggings. They have a 100% sheepskin upper, a leather insole as well as a super durable TPR sole. The shoes are super soft and feel more like a slipper than a shoe, but are made to last. Caitlin has a tendency to stick to one or 2 pairs of shoes and these have easily become her favorite pair for school. Shoot, they are her favorite pair to where anywhere we go! You can find shoes for men, women and kids from LAMO Footwear including sandals, boots, slippers, and more. Be sure to follow LAMO Footwear on Twitter. One USA or Canada reader will win one pair of LAMO Icicle Mocs ARV $66.
What is your favorite of the back to school shoe styles for girls this year?