I have been a stay at home mom for more than 15 years now. One of the perks of this is not being on a tight schedule. I love the flexibility of running errands when I want, making appointments at a time that works best for me and doing what I want, when I want. Another reason I loved this freedom is I can wake up whenever I want to. I am a night owl by nature, so I am up late and sleep late. My kids are the same way, so they have a tough time getting up in the morning. When the kids started school, it was a huge shock for me and I had a hard time getting used to it. Here are some tips I used to help me get my day started right:
5 Ideas To Help You Be On Time For School
- Set A Bedtime: For years, we did not have a set bedtime because it did not matter when we woke up. Now we have a set time we turn off the TV and handheld devices and get to sleep. This helps us get up on time in the morning.
- Set A Routine: If you and the kids are not used to a morning routine, you need to set one. Make sure everyone gets up on time, gets their breakfast, teeth brushed and their lunches and backpacks. This will help you get out the door faster.
- Use Your Time Wisely: If you find yourself running late every morning, get things done the night before. I pack lunches, get papers signed, and clothes chosen the night before to make the morning go more smoothly.
- Get The Kids Involved: When your kids are old enough, get them invested in their morning routine. They can make sure they get their things gathered, shoes on and lunch boxes and backpacks grabbed.
- Get A Watch: I am really bad about not wearing a watch and just look at my phone. The problem with that is my phone is usually in my purse or pocket. Ergo, not readily available for me to check the time. With school in session, I decided I would get myself a watch and wear it every day to help everyone be on time for school.
I am really picky about the watches I wear because I have a certain level of sensitivity. I cannot wear a total metal watch as they usually turn my arm green. I also wanted a watch that is stylish and fashionable which will go with my casual as well as my dressier outfits. Basically, I need a watch to keep great time while it makes me look great! For me, that would be the gorgeous British Mink Hummingbird Olivia Burton Watch from Twisted Time Watches. This watch really makes a statement with its hand drawn hummingbird. It gives the watch a sophisticated yet playful look, which I absolutely love.
The Olivia Burton watches are made with a high quality genuine leather, and their attention to detail really sets this watch well above the competition. The watch, which sells for $115 on the Twisted Time website, has an over-sized dial which encapsulates the hummingbird drawing perfectly. The watch has a 3 hand Japanese Quartz movement and it comes with a one year warranty. I love the vintage look that really goes with everything in my closet and it is affordable as well. Twisted Time is an online boutique which offers a platform for independent brands and designers to sell their products. You can find such designer watch brands including Alessi, Issey Miyake, Braun, Daniel Wellington and ZIIIRO. You can find watches for men and women as well as clocks for your home. Be sure to follow Twisted Time on Twitter to stay current with their latest news, products and deals.
How do you help your family be on time for school?