Blanching and Sauteing Beet Greens Recipe
Author: Jennifer Medeiros
Recipe type: Vegetables
A quick and easy way to Blanche and Saute Fresh Beet Greens
- Beet Greens
- 2 - 3 Garlic Cloves
- Bring a Large Pot of Water to Boil while you clean the beet greens
- Place them in Water while you Prepare the Beets to Roast if they have wilted from the refrigerator.
- When the water comes to a boil, add a generous amount of salt.
- Blanche the greens by placing them in the boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Then quickly transfer to a bowl of ice water.
- Squeeze the excess water. I form a log.
- Chop Coarsely. They can be stored for later use up to 3 days or can be sauteed now.
- Heat Oil over a medium heat.
- Add thinly sliced or chopped garlic cloves, stirring until fragrant.
- Stir in the chopped greens.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir for 90 seconds and remove from heat.
- This makes a great addition to Gorgonzola Beet Au-Gratin Casserole