Broccoli Quiche Recipe
Author: Ellen Lafleche-Christian
Recipe type: Entree, Quiche
When spring arrives, our chickens and ducks start laying again and I always find myself with more eggs than I know what to do with. Quiche is a fantastic way to use up an excess of eggs. I chose to add broccoli to keep the fat and calories to a minimum. If you want to splurge, you can substitute bacon for the broccoli instead. It's delicious both ways.
- 9 inch pie crust
- 1½ cups cooked broccoli, chopped
- ½ block Swiss cheese sliced thin
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups light cream
- 1 T flour
- salt & pepper to taste
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with crust.
- Scatter broccoli over the pie crust.
- Scatter cheese over the broccoli.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, cream, flour and seasonings to taste.
- Beat well.
- Pour over broccoli and cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 400F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325F. Bake for 30 minutes more or until center is set.
If you don't have broccoli, you can substitute cauliflower, asparagus, or other veggies you enjoy. I've substituted fiddle head ferns when I find them as well. This is a delicious spring recipe.
Ellen is a busy mom of two teenagers who left the corporate world in 2008 to focus on a more eco-friendly life. She lives in rural Vermont where she juggles family, two blogs and a career in social media. You can find her at Confessions of an Overworked Mom