There are so many things about fall I just love so much. I love the crispness you feel in the air, especially early in the morning. When I am taking the kids to school, I love the fact I need to grab a sweater to keep warm. I also love to see the gorgeous colors on the trees and watch the leaves casually fall to the ground. Fall means pumpkins, big family meals and fall clothes! I am getting ready to pack away my summer clothes and pull out my fall and winter wardrobe. I love the soft sweaters, leggings and tights and jeans and cords. The one thing I need to add to my closet is a good pair of boots. I have not bought myself a pair in a while and I am torn as to which style to buy. Here is a good guide to follow when you are buying boots for women:
6 Tips For Buying Boots For Women
- Do Not Over Do It: Unless you live in the frozen tundra, there is no need for fur boots, a fur coat, and a hat and gloves with fur. Instead, a nice pair of leather boots with a faux fur lining are perfect.
- Say Yes To The Equestrian Look: This look is not just for the horse lover in the bunch. This look is perfect with leggings or skinny jeans, a white button down and a blazer.
- Say No To Rubber Puddle Stompers: If you are over the age of 12, you do not need a pair of rubber boots with cartoon characters or action heroes. Instead, try a classic rain or duck boot, made for the mature customer.
- Watch Your Hems: The rule of thumb when wearing boots with a skirt or dress is to show off those boots with a shorter hemline, not lose them under all hat fabric.
- Do Not Get Your Pants In A Bunch: When wearing boots of any length, you do not want to stuff a wide leg pant into them. Instead, try those skinny or boyfriend jeans or your favorite leggings.
- Go For A Classic In A Neutral Color: You will get a lot more wear from a classic boot in an earth tone than those purple snakeskin cowboy boots you have your eye on!
When it comes to buying boots for women for myself, I have a few specifics I prefer. I like a higher cut boot because I have thick calves, which I am embarrassed about. I wear a lot of neutral colors in the fall, so I prefer an earth tone for my boots, preferably brown. I also like a soft leather which will just get more and more like butter every time I wear them. Imagine my pleasure and surprise when I found the Justin Ladies 15″ Tall Distressed Moka Brown Deer Tan Santa Fe Roper Boots from Cavender’s Boots. These boots are made for walkin’ and trust me, that is exactly what I plant to do and a lot of it! The gorgeous boots are handcrafted in the USA and sell for $190 on the Cavender’s website. These are probably THE most comfortable pair of boots I have ever owned. They barely needed to be broken in, the hand stitching is impeccable and the distressed look is exactly what I was looking for.
Cavender’s was started in Texas back in 1965 by James R. Cavender. I love that Cavender’s is a family owned operation and his wife and 2 sons are involved in running the business. They live what they sell, meaning they wear the merchandise and live on a real Texas ranch. They make immaculate high quality western footwear for the ranch hand as well as the fashionista with a flair for the western style. You can find such name brands as Justin Boots, Ariat, Miss Me Jeans and many more. While you are on the website, be sure to check our their extensive line of amazing cowboy hats, belts, wallets, knives and many other must have items for the cowboy or cowgirl on your list! Be sure to follow Cavender’s on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to stay current with their latest products, deals and news.
What is your favorite style of boots for fall?