The challenge will be divided into 3 phases.
Submission phase: Submission phase starts April 1, 2012 12:01 AM EST and ends April 28, 2012 11:59 PM EST totalling a period of four weeks. The entrant must sign up for zuuzs.com in order to be able to vote for their own recipe. The entrant will submit an unpublished recipe by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each recipe will need to have two to three original, unpublished pictures with a width of 550 px, a recipe, title, and directions. In the subject line place the category the recipe is being entered to from one of the following:
- Appetizers/Side Dish
- Main Dish
Each submission is to contain the following information to be considered a valid entry:
- Complete name
- Email address
- Two to Three pictures with width of 550 px
- Blog url (not required, but the recipe will be linked back to you)
Once the an entrant submits a recipe to email@example.com the entrant is acknowledging that the recipe has never been published on the internet. An entrant may submit no more than one recipe to each category. Duplicate content will be removed from the contest and the entry will be forfeit meaning you can not take a pre-published recipe from another source and claim it as your own. After a recipe is submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, it will be published on Simplystacie.net, makobiscribe.com, and/or zuuzs.com as well as published into a recipe look book titled zuuzs 2012 Spring Recipe Challenge Collection and distributed as the sponsor sees fit. It would be completely awesome of you to publish the recipe on your blog/facebook/twitter with a link back to the contest saying you have entered the challenge.
Voting phase:Voting phase starts April 29, 2012 12:01 AM EST and ends May 27, 2012 11:59 PM EST totalling a period of four weeks. During the voting phase, voters will be directed to zuuzs.com to vote for their favorite recipe. Voters will need to sign up for zuuzs.com to access the voting page. Each voter will receive a copy of the zuuzs 2012 Spring Recipe Challenge Collection emailed to them at the end of the contest. To move on to the next phase, the number of votes, quality of pictures, and creativity of the recipe will be taken into account. 10% of total entrants from each category will move to the judging phase.
Judging phase:Judging phase starts May 28 12:01 AM EST and ends June 4, 2012 11:59 PM EST totalling a period of one weeks. During the judging phase a panel of judges comprised of the sponsors, hosts, and professional chefs will select the top recipe from each category and an overall grand prize winner.
- Grand Prize (1) – Gift Cards totalling $500 for kitchen related wares, up to a total retail value of USD$500. The Grand Prize winner will also be awarded the title “The Top zuuzs Chef of 2012” and will be featured on the cover page of the zuuzs 2012 Spring Recipe Challenge Collection, a premier advertising spot on makobiscribe.com, simplystacie.net, and zuuzs.com for a total of three months in the form of a 125 x 125 button or larger at the discretion of the site owner(s).
- Category Prize (3) – $200 in gift cards for kitchen related wares. The category prize awarded to the top recipe from each category is to be valued at $200 and will not include the grand prize winner’s submission. The Category Prize winner will also be awarded the title “The best zuuzs (category) recipe of 2012” and will be featured on the category section cover page of the zuuzs 2012 Spring Recipe Challenge Collection.
Benefits for joining the zuuzs Grand Spring Recipe Challenge
- Entries will be published on makobiscribe.com and/or simplystacie.net with links back to your site. This will create recognition of your site and/or increased traffic to see what else you may have “cooking.”
- Entries will be published in the distributed zuuzs 2012 Spring Recipe Challenge Collection to every voter.
- Fame and fortune beyond your wildest dreams for being associated with the recipe web event of the year! People will shout your name from the tops of mountains and worship the ground you walk on. Renowned chefs will seek you out for advice in your area of recipe expertise. ***Note: Individual results may vary in magnitude, but we will do our best to shout your name from a chair or small hill whenever we see you.
- You could win a grand prize!
If you are interested in joining the zuuzs Grand Spring Recipe Challenge please comment below, so we know to look for your upcoming submission and make space for you on our blog! Also please take the time to go over the official rules.