My absolute favorite food in the world is a Reese’s Peanut Butter cup. If I was able to eat these for breakfast lunch and dinner, I would be a happy mama! I like to eat Reese’s Peanut Butter cups frozen so they don’t get all melty. Of course now that Valentine’s Day is approaching, I am making chocolate for my loved ones. I wondered…could I recreate a Reese’s Cup?
There is something to be said for recreating a loved store-bought food which tastes just like it! I asked around to all of my taste testers, and they agreed this recipe pretty much hits the nail on the head! *Reese’s normally have milk chocolate, but I’m a dark chocolate lover and buy the dark cups, so adjust according to the cup you buy.
While I was editing the photos for the recipe, I could not decide on which one looked better.
Which Pinterest image do you prefer?
- Milk or dark chocolate chips
- Peter Pan Whipped Peanut Butter
- ½ the amount of peanut butter in powdered sugar
- Combine the peanut butter and powdered sugar in a food processor and blend until shiny
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave for 1 minute and stir until melted
- Put the first layer of chocolate in a mold
- Pipe in the peanut butter mixture
- Top with the second layer of chocolate
- Let set for 2-3 hours
Do you make anything special for Valentine’s Day?