Painting a Mural on the side of your house doesn't require too much creative ability. You can just tape off a few sections and get awesome results! You do not even have to worry if you have textured walls because you can get perfect lines without bleed easily when you use Textured Surface by FrogTape. The FrogTape® is a sharp paint line solution for most common textured surfaces like popcorn, faux finish, or a sandpaper finish. The FrogTape® Textured Surface™ is the best painter’s tape ever because it's treated the FrogTape® is treated with patented PaintBlock® Technology, a super absorbent polymer that reacts with the water in latex paint and instantly gels to form a micro-barrier that seals the edges of the tape, which helps prevent paint bleed. Now when you use the Liquid PaintBlock® Edge Sealer™ on top of the FrogTape® Textured Surface™ tape you get perfect lines without bleed every time!
FrogTape® Textured Surface is available at participating Lowes and Walmart locations, and all Menards stores across the United States. To see if a location is near you, visit WEBSITE for more information. You can also follow the FrogTape Textured Surface board on Pinterest to get inspired with design ideas.
How I created my FAMILY mural
- First I had a plan!
- I am one of those who does almost everything by eye and says, "Good Enough!" Using the FrogTape® Textured Surface™ tape actually helped me get my lines straighter than I would have I am sure! I sprayed the yellow down as the outline of the word family.
- I let the paint dry for 2 hours before putting the orange FrogTape® Textured Surface™ tape, but later I waited shorter and shorter amounts of time.
- When I put the FrogTape® Textured Surface™ tape down I pressed the edges into the grooves of the wall to make sure I got a good seal.
- Then I wiped the FrogTape® Textured Surface™ tape with a damp cloth to activate the PaintBlock® Technology. Then I sealed the edges of the tape with Liquid PaintBlock® Edge Sealer™ and let it dry for 15 minutes.
- Next I filled in the letters with orange paint. After that dried, I put pieces of paper over the major areas to protect them from over spray. I sealed them with All purpose FrogTape® (the green tape)
- Then I laid out the rest of my design with the FrogTape® Textured Surface™ tape. I was able to put the tape on the paint I had just painted only an hour before and I didn't have any problems. However, they recommend you wait longer.
- When you pull up the tape you have nice clean, crisp lines! However, because I was pretty much designing on the fly, I had to redo some of the colors a few times to make sure everything matched.
- Notice all my outfit changes? It was 101 degrees! I am glad cleaning up my mess was quick!
What projects do you think Textured Surface™ would be perfect for?