When you got up this morning and put on your make up and used your skin or hair care products, did you think about where they were made? Did you think about what they were made from? Did you wonder if people still did testing on animals in the beauty industry. Well, the answer to that last question is yes, there are some companies who still do test on animals. Now I have this picture of a poor rat somewhere looking like a poorly made up beauty queen! When it comes to going organic or natural or cruelty free, many of us think first about our food. Well, what about other products we use in our homes? If you are considering living a more socially responsible lifestyle, here are 3 reasons to go cruelty free with your skin and hair care products:
- Animal Testing: As much as I would like to believe this no longer happens, sadly it does. Although most companies are not using animals in their testing and will disclose that, some companies still do.
- Better For You: Many of the cruelty free beauty products on the market use all natural ingredients. This means they are better for you.
- Sustainable: If you are buying cruelty free and the ingredients are organic or natural, that means the products are better for the planet. When you think about living a more green life, this is an easy to way to do that.
One company who makes top notch hair care products that are also cruelty free is Macadamia Professional products. They offer salon quality hair care, treatment and styling solutions with unique moisture and style control needs for every hair texture. All of the Macadamia Professional products are sulfate, cruelty, and gluten free. Now that I am over 40, my hair is not as shiny and well nourished as it used to be. With the Weightless Moisture, Nourishing Moisture and Ultra Rich Moisture products, I get optimal moisture levels for my hair with any of these products.
- Weightless Moisture Shampoo: Brings lift, body and volume back into your baby fine hair. With their exclusive PRO OIL COMPLEX of Macadamia and Argan Oils, you get weightless moisture, strength and damage repair. The Avocado and Walnut Oils, nourish delicate hair and scalp and have UVA/UVB absorbents, which promote color retention.
- Weightless Moisture Conditioner: Is an ultra lightweight formula that does not weigh down hair with finer textures. It offers lift, body and volume with the ultimate moisture and strength for your hair. With a combination of Collagen and Vitamins A, C, and E, your hair will have less breakage with continued usage.
- Weightless Moisture Conditioning Mist: This is such a cool product and a favorite of mine. It comes out in a fine mist and is infused with the exclusive PRO OIL COMPLEX is super lightweight and does not weigh down my hair. It detangles your hair, helps prevent breakage and protects my hair color. Collagen, Silk Amino Acids, and Quinoa strengthen and improve tensile strength of even the most delicate textures.
All three of these products sell for $22 for a 10 ounce bottle. They are available at MacadamiaHair, Ulta and fine beauty salons nationwide. Be sure to follow Macadamia Professional on Facebook and Twitter.