Hi! I’m Wendy from Around My Family Table. My mom taught me how to cook when I was younger and when I finally left home, I was able to prepare meals instead of boxed dinners or take out. I think this is what won my husband’s heart. I cook mostly from scratch, but do take the occasional short cut. I grind my own grains for breads, I raise chickens for fresh eggs, I have a mini-orchard of fruit trees, and I plan on starting a garden soon. I try my best to feed my family healthy foods. On AMFT, there is a weekly recipe carnival on Thursdays and monthly kids in the kitchen and book review segments. I look forward to seeing you at my table soon!
- 2 sleeves graham crackers
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (16oz) pkg chocolate chips
- Grease 11x17 cookie pan and cover with graham crackers. Melt 2 sticks of butter. Add 1 cup brown sugar and boil for 1 minute. Add 1 cup nuts and stir.
- Spread over crackers and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let sit 10 minutes and spread chocolate even over top of crackers.
- Cool in freezer for at least 1 hour. Break into pieces. Store in freezer (but it won’t last that long)
Born and raised in Texas and then transplanted to Arizona, Wendy has love for spicy Tex-Mex foods. But she loves making her food from scratch, raising chickens, grinding grains, and a caring for her small orchard. Wendy is married to her high school sweetheart and they have two wonderful kids, one who has a food dye allergy.