Dark Chocolate Caramel Cookies Recipe
Author: Sadie Lankford
Recipe type: dessert
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- About 15-20 caramels (unwrapped and cut into fourths)
- 1¼ cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add in egg and vanilla and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Blend flour mixture into egg and sugar mixture.
- Pour in the caramels and chocolate chips and mix together by hand.
- Drop cookies in rounded balls onto a foil lined cookie sheet and bake for 10-14 minutes depending on your preferences and oven settings.