I have researched and found that easy changes for a healthier lifestyle are more likely to help you stick with your New Year’s resolutions. I am as bad as anyone with grandiose designs on making huge changes in my lifestyle and then am lucky to even make one. This year I wanted to actually stick to my goals and decided to find things that would be easy for me to do. Here are some great suggestions that will help you make strides to live a healthier life.
Easy Changes For A Healthier Lifestyle
- Dry Brush Your Teeth: Studies have shown if you dry brush your teeth before using toothpaste, you will get up to 60% tarter and plaque than with a wet toothbrush.
- Eat Breakfast: 78% of those who are dieting who eat breakfast every day will maintain their weight loss for 5 year or more than those who do not eat breakfast.
- Add Tomatoes: Men can cut their risk of prostate cancer by 34% by adding 3-4 servings of tomato based products each week.
- Eat Fish: For those who eat just one service of fish each week can cut their risk of a heart attack in half! That is absolutely mind-boggling!
- Red Wine: By choosing red wine from Chile rather than Italy, you are adding 38% more anti-oxidants to your diet.
- Fruits and Vegetables: By adding just one serving of fruits OR vegetables to each meal, you are cutting your risk for heart disease, stroke and high blood pressure by more than 40%. If you are not one to eat these items, studies have found drinking them is a great alternative. By using a good blender bottle, you can make over 100 delicious drinks that are healthy for you. My favorite company for this task is Blender Bottle and although you may not have known their name, you have probably recognized their logo.
Homemade Healthy Drinks For Weight Loss
If you want to be healthier, you can find a ton of homemade healthy drinks for weight loss. By using your Blender Bottle with the patented BlenderBall wire whisk, all you do is add your ingredients and shake. With the BlenderBall being made of 316 surgical-grade stainless steel not only does it mix your drink perfectly every time, but it will never rust, chip, or peel. You can use the Blender Bottle for any kind of powdered drinks, meal replacement shakes, protein drinks, smoothies, and tons more. I was given a 28 oz. sport mixer ($14.99) in black and orange, a 20 oz. sport mini ($12.99) in purple with a matching Insulated Sling ($7.99), the 28 oz. Classic Bottle ($8.99) and the 101 Recipe Book ($12.99). For myself, I knew you could use the Blender Bottle for meal replacement shakes as I had been doing so for the past few months with my food plan sponsor. What I had no idea was how many other uses the Blender Bottle had like mixing eggs for omelets, crepes, pancakes and tons more for breakfast. You can also mix up salad dressings, puddings, salsas, sauces and even pie mixes. I cannot count how many different things we have mixed since we received our Blender Bottles. You can find a slew of great recipes by visiting the Blender Bottle website. Henry drinks his water and adds in his flavor packets and shakes that bottle until I think his arm will fall off! I have used it for pancakes for the kids and a delicious homemade salad dressing as well as my meal replacement shakes. These bottles are for way more than I ever thought possible and you will have the most fun trying out all the recipes you can make with this handy little gem!
One winner will receive one large Sport Mixer ($14.99) and one Sport Mini ($12.00) in their choice of color, depending on availability.