I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Green Works. I was compensated for my review but all opinions are 100% mine. More and more people are going green in an effort to save our planet. Our schools are teaching our kids about what organic living and being eco-friendly means and how to recycle. Many communities are making it easier for their residents to live a green life. They are offering free recycling programs, bicycle rentals, electric car charging stations and cooperative farming. There is a plethora of information available on easy tips for going green and I wanted to share a few of my favorites. I hope you may find a few you would like to try at home. If we can take small steps to live a more eco friendly life, we can prolong the planet for many future generations to come. So here are the tips I follow in my own home:
Tips For Going Green At Home:
- Recycle: We have signed up for the free recycling program in our town. They provided a large bin with an attached lid and they pick up twice a month. We also have a recycling center less than 2 miles from our house.
- Compost: Caitlin learned to make a simple compost at her gardening club and now we have one at home. We are saving up for our own garden and in the mean time we are using less space in the garbage bin, which makes for less trash each week.
- Reusable Bags: We have reusable bags for our snacks and lunches, reusable lunch boxes and reusable shopping bags. This makes a huge impact with very little effort. Think of the plastic bags you are keeping out of the landfills!
- Energy Efficiency: We recently purchased a washer and dryer that has the Energy Star label, which means it has been approved as a highly energy efficient product. It also saves us a ton on our electric and water bills, which is about $500 per year in savings.
- Cleaning Products: My husband and son have allergies, so I have to be careful about the products I use in the house. I love to buy green products because I know they are safe and almost always have no offensive odors to contend with. One of the lines I trust is Green Works® from Clorox for my cleaning products.
Going Green At Home
Green Works® is an amazingly effective and all natural line of products for the home from Clorox. These products are make from biodegradable ingredients that are all natural. The plant- and mineral-based cleaning ingredients that clean extremely well without the harsh chemicals and toxins found in traditional cleaning products. The products are never tested on animals and whenever they can, Green Works® uses environmentally sustainable packaging. By using their innovative SMART TUBE® TECHNOLOGY*, consumers can spray every drop of the liquid in spray bottles. Just a few of the products you can find is the All-Purpose Cleaner, Cleaning Wipes and Toilet Bowl Cleaner. You can find the Green Works® products in fine stores that carry cleaning products.
To encourage consumers to go green at home, Green Works® has created a ridiculously fun Pinterest Contest. To play, you need to follow @greenworksclean on Pinterest, create one pinboard and title it “GreenWorks Games. Next you need to find, unscramble or complete a word from the word search and find an image to match. For example, I had taken a picture of a ladybug and labeled it “BUG”. When you pin your answer and make sure to tag it with the word it represents and the hashtag #greenworksgames. To help inspire you, here is an example of a completed Pinterest Board as well as the link to my board. If you need some help in figuring out how you ca go green at home, you can take a look at their “how-to” board. Be sure to stay current with everything at Green Works® by following them on Facebook and Twitter.