Spicy Chicken Fajitas
Recipe type: entree
- 300g boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 red peppers and 1 yellow pepper
- ½ a large onion
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. grape seed oil
- 5 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Prepare the chicken by cutting it into cubes and placing it in a resealable plastic bag.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the marinade and then pour this over your chicken. Seal the bag and set the chicken to one side.
- Slice the peppers and onion thinly.
- In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp. of rape seed oil then add in the peppers and onions to cook on a medium-high heat until the peppers are tender.
- Remove the mixture from the pan and place into a large mixing bowl. Cover the mixture with cling film.
- In the same pan, cook the chicken over a medium-high heat for about 6 minutes or until no longer pink. Add the pepper mixture to the pan to heat.
- Top with salsa, lettuce leaves and hot sauce according to your taste.
Recipe by Makobi Scribe at http://makobiscribe.com/spicy-chicken-fajitas/