This Egg Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe was submitted by Zari Afroz in the Main Dish Category in the zuuzs Grand Spring Recipe Challenge!
Author: Zari Afroz
Recipe type: Main
It's spring,gorgeous colorful flowers bloomed everywhere.Springtime means beautiful flowers of different color.So I planned to share this rich color recipe. Tomatoes are low calories,low in fat and have zero cholesterol level fruits.Egg is a good source of protien . Enjoy this rich red color recipe with your family....Happy spring.
- ½ kg medium size tomatoes
- 3 eggs
- 100 gm fried onion
- 6 cashews
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 5 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed
- salt to taste
- Wash tomatoes,cut off stem and scoop out pulp gently.
- Place fried onion,cashews,sesame seed,tomato pulp in a grinder. Make a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Splitter cumin seeds.
- Add ginger-garlic paste,stir for 2 mints.
- Add coriander,turmeric,salt,red chili powder,garam masala.
- Now add paste and stir fry until oil separates the pan.
- Add 1 cup water,stir well over low heat.
- Crack egg into a bowl,add salt and beat well.
- Fill each tomato with beaten egg with the help of spoon and gently place tomatoes in gravy.
- Put the lid on for 5 mints over high heat.
- After 5 mints,turn the heat on low,cook for 15 mints.
- When the tomatoes become soft,turn the heat off.
- Serve hot in a plate.
If you don't want more gravy,you can just place tomatoes in cupcake's tray,pour egg into tomatoes,bake for 20 mints at 350 F.Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Promote your blog and showcase your recipe in zuuzs Grand Spring Recipe Challenge. The prizes include a $500 Gift Card as the Grand Prize and three $200 Gift Cards as the top Category prizes you can use to buy kitchen related wares. Submissions end on April 28th.
This looks absolutely delicious!!!!
Ohhh, that looks nommy! I think I need to try it out.
Comments are closed.