I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for TruGreen. I received a promotional item to thank me for my participation. I have said before, and I will say again, that I am so happy that Spring is here because I love doing outdoor activities and hosting outdoor parties and barbecues! My kids and I love to garden, so we are outside for part of the day most every day. My boyfriend and friends love to hang outside and jam on their instruments and I love hula hooping while they play and the enjoying food cooked on the grill. I am so grateful to have a nice, big yard to accommodate family, friends and the occasional neighbor who wanders over. I hope to host and attend many both planned and impromptu gatherings this Spring and Summer. I love showing my boys how much fun it is to put down the electronics and live life outdoors more often!
Create the space that makes everyone want to live life outdoors:
- Have a play area for the kids. This can be elaborate, such as a pool with slides and floaties or intricate climbing equipment and swings. Simple can be just as much fun, too! My kids enjoy a lawn sprinkler and a simple sandbox just as much!
- Add an outside cooking area. Again, some people go all out and build permanent outdoor kitchens with brick ovens and gas lines. Luckily, the same feel can be accomplished with a simple charcoal or gas grill. Outdoor cooking lets the cook stay in the social circle instead of missing all the fun and the food always tastes great either way.
- Decorate! A garden or simple potted plants and a statue or birdbath/fountain can all help to make your outdoor space more inviting. Less is usually more. The last thing you want is for there to be no space left for actual people!
- Add some shade if needed. Even when the weather is mild, people need a break from the sun. If you are not lucky enough t o have big shade trees in your entertaining area, a simple canopy tent with open sides should do the trick.
- Take good care of your lawn. Who doesn’t love to kick off their shoes and feel the nice cool grass between their toes? Spreading out a picnic lunch is also a kid friendly favorite! Make sure it’s comfortable and safe to do by making sure your grass is as free of unwanted pests and sharp weeds as possible. This can be a time consuming job, to say the least! If you need some help in this department, go check out TrueGreen, a trusted national company that can get you on a regularly scheduled lawn maintenance plan.
You can also enter to win their current sweepstakes here. One grand prize winner will receive everything you need for the perfect outdoor living room: