Being a mom isn’t easy, but you already know that. Between caring for kids, managing schedules and keeping everything together, it’s a challenge that only the strongest of women can tackle successfully. In the midst of all that, you care about how you look, too. After all, you don’t want to look as tired as you feel. How do you stay fashionable while still being practical? It’s certainly a challenge, but finding the right shoes is one of the first steps. You might be surprised by what a difference it makes to slip on the right footwear.
If you want to take advantage of the confidence and cool look you can get out of a great pair of shoes, you need to find ones that are comfortable and suited to your lifestyle. Read on to see five options that are a great choice for moms on the go who don’t want to sacrifice style.
- Chunky Heels: Many moms bemoan the fact that heels are typically out of the question on days spent chauffeuring kids, grocery shopping, and running errands. Heels are uncomfortable and impractical, right? Don’t assume so. Nothing is more stylish this season than chunky heels that feature a thick platform and a solid heel. These are close to the opposite of stilettos. You need not worry about falling over or breaking a heel while sporting these, and the ultra-thick heel makes walking almost as easy as it would be in your favorite flats. Don’t forgo fashion when you can find duds like these.
- Fashion Sneakers: If the occasion absolutely calls for casual attire, there’s nothing wrong with rocking some sneakers. Don’t view it as a resignation, though—view it as a chance to put out all the stops and rock the hottest sneakers out there. There’s more opportunity than ever to do so, and designers have made this season all about upgrading traditionally casual looks into high fashion pieces. Rather than reaching for the beat up tennis shoes, then, invest in some seriously stylish ones so that your fashion doesn’t have to suffer for the sake of your comfort.
- Easy-to-Wear Sandals: Sandals are another one of the fabulously-upgraded silhouettes that have become popular recently. You don’t have to opt for boring looks and basic shapes. The most recent collections of sandals feature a range of embellishments, styles and bold colors to make them truly stand out. The best part is how comfortable these shoes usually are. When it’s a warm day and you’re on the go, you can’t go wrong with a comfortable and fashionable pair of sandals to finish off a great outfit. They’re totally mom-friendly and easy to wear for whatever activities you have planned.
- Comfortable Boots: You might not think of boots as the most comfortable option, but there are plenty of styles that are working hard to put that notion to rest. Few shoe choices are as edgy and bold as ankle boots, or if you’re looking for full coverage, opt for a pair that’s knee-high. The sheer variety that’s available allows you to find a pair that matches your style and your needs perfectly. The comfort factor, too, is important to consider. Many options feature padded soles and other additions that make them a choice that’s just as practical as it is fashionable.
- Detailed Flats: Lastly, no mom’s closet is complete without a few pairs of flats to bring out on days that require casual yet comfortable footwear. These classic shoes are ideal for nearly any situation or outfit, and they can keep you going on busy days filled with lots of walking and running around. It’s always a good idea to have a few pairs in a few different colors so that you can always have a backup when you need to complete a special outfit. Details such as straps, cutouts and patterns can up the appeal and make you a fashion force field.
Being a mom doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice fashion. It might mean you have to be a little bit more creative, but that’s what motherhood is all about anyways. Take up the challenge and meet it head on by finding great shoes that are both fashionable and functional. Your confidence and your closet will both thank you later.