When I was in school, we needed a paper bag with our lunch, some paper, pencils and a notebook. We wore hand me down clothes and we made our own book covers from paper bags. By the end of the first week of school, I had that paper book cover filled with doodles, scribbles and a handful of names of the cure boys in my class. Fast forward 35 years and things have changed dramatically. I would not dare send Caitlin of to her first day of high school with second hand clothes or a handmade book cover. It is sad but true that the poor kid would be laughed out of her class within minutes. Although it is mid-July, we are already preparing for school and I have a list ready. Here is what is on my list:
5 Essentials For The First Day Of High School
- Clothes: Thankfully, Caitlin is not a slave to the latest fashion but she still needs new clothes. She will need at least 2 dresses, 4 pairs of jeans, 4 pairs of leggings, 2 skirts and 3 pairs of shorts. She also needs at least 6 new tops, a cardigan, a new jacket and a hoodie. Do not forget to throw in undies, bras, socks and tights!
- Shoes: Caitlin has decided she wants a pair of Converse and a pair of Doc Martens (Yay!!). I also need to get her a pair of dress heels and flats and a pair of white sneakers for gym class.
- Smartphone: I am sure there are parents our there who will disagree, but we wanted Caitlin to have a smartphone when she started high school. She is involved in too many after school activities for her not to have a phone. I want her to be able to get in touch with us if she is staying late, leaving early or if there is a change of venue. We had her stuck at school at night by herself once and we will never let it happen again.
- School Supplies: The school supplies change a bit when your kid enters high school. We need graphing calculators, index cards, highlighters, pens and pencils, expandable notebooks, composition books, and sharpie pens.
- Backpack: If there is one thing your child needs almost above all else when entering high school, it is a good backpack. Because pack problems run in our family, carrying a heavy backpack can be detrimental to our health. That is why we prefer the high quality and physically safe backpacks from Airbac.
We have been big fans of Airbac for quite a while now. I reviewed the Curve backpack for Caitlin as well as the Premiere backpack for my husband. This year we received the newest and if I must say, the coolest, Bling Bag, which sells for $90 on the Airbac website, in silver.
The Bling Bag comes in gold, blue, pink and multi and has tons of room for all of your essentials for your kids first day of high school. The padded straps give her additional comfort as well as the nice big front accessory padded pocket. This padded pocket is perfect for her iPad and graphing calculator. Caitlin flipped over the 2 rhinestone side pockets and the inside lining in the animal print is perfect for her. This bag is part of the Airbac cheer series which is the official backpack of the U.S. All Star Federation, as show in this video:
Currently, Airbac is holding a fantastic fundraiser that is fun and can be profitable for you and your favorite organization. Whether you are part of the school PTA, church, sports t eam or scouts, this is a great way to raise money for your cause. The process is quite simple as you sell the Airbac back –to- school backpacks, and for each one you sell, your organization will receive $10. Also, each customer who purchases an Airbac bag will receive $10 off their purchase price. What a great way to make money for your worthy cause while sending kids to school in a fashionable bag which is gentle on their backs. It is a win-win for everyone! For more information, please contact Joe Speyer at email@example.com. Be sure to follow Airbac on Twitter and Pinterest. Two USA readers will win a Bling Bag in their choice of color ARV $90.
What is your top must have for your kids first day of high school?