Today I am going to share with you Five Easy Ways To Get Your Daily Vegetable Serving s In. I know for many people, this is not an easy task, but I am going to surprise you with some creative ways to eat your veggies. I am on week 13 of my Medifast program and I stayed even this week, so my total weight loss is 16.5 pounds. I am proud of myself for sticking with my plan, and if I have a week that I don’t lose, I am ok with that. In the past, I would have beaten myself up because I didn’t lose a million pounds in a week. I have finally come to terms with the fact that it will take a while to get this weight off and that is ok! So, now for those tips on eating veggies:
Five Easy Ways To Get Your Daily Vegetable Servings In
- Soups: I am a big fan of soup, especially when I can slow cook it all day and then enjoy it all week. When I say soup, I am also going to include stew, chili and other similar dishes you would make in a big old soup pot! Getting your veggies in when eating soup is almost a no brainer since many soup recipes call for veggies. I love a simple chicken soup and I add wild rice, carrots, celery, onions, diced tomatoes, and sometimes I will add some zucchini or squash as well,
- Casseroles: My family loves casseroles and if you think you can’t eat casserole on a diet, that is a misnomer. As long as you make the dish with low fat options, you are fine. We love chicken pot pie and I use the same veggies as with my chicken soup but I use low fat cream of celery soup for my base as well as low fat creamer.
- Raw: I love to snack on baby carrots, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and peppers. I will cut up a bunch of veggies and separate them so I have some for cooking and some for snacking. If I am up late and I am hunting for something crunchy to snack on, I will grab the baby carrots and celery and dip them in fat free dressing.
- Sauces: My mom taught me the trick where she would puree vegetables and put them in our spaghetti sauce so we got in our vegetable servings without knowing it! She was a tricky one that mom of mine! I now find myself doing the same for my kids, especially Henry, who is not s fan of the vegetable!
- Salads: I love salad and the more veggies the better! I have found a delicious fat free Asian dressing and I can put that on my salad every day! My husband kids me about the fact that when I am done making my salad, I have a mound of vegetables and very little lettuce!! Very funny!
I hope these simple suggestions will help you in your weight loss journey! If you are interested in joining Medifast, you can visit them on their website to do so. You can keep up with the latest news from Medifast by liking them on Facebook and following them on Twitter.