Do you ever feel as if your family is pulling apart like one of those Stretch Armstrong toys? Sometimes it seems I am going in one direction and the kids are going in their separate directions as well. When you are a busy mom with a kids or two (or three or more), you know how tricky it can be to find time to spend with your favorite people. If you plan a bit in advance and put forth the tiniest amount of effort, you can have some quality time that will not cost an arm and a leg.
5 Cheap And Fun Ways To Have Quality Family Time
- Movie Night: Most of us gather up the family and pop in a DVD in the family room. Boring! How about building a fort, popping a bowl of popcorn and projecting the movie on the wall? The kids will love it!
- Game Night: Who said game night had to be boring? Up the ante and have a prize for the winner, like extra dessert, the ability to stay up 30 minutes later or an ice cream cone after school. A little healthy competition is a good thing, right?!
- A Day At The Museum: Virtually every city has a museum or two the family can enjoy. In any cases, the admission is even free! Check and see if there is a special exhibit you can do a little homework on. Write up some questions the kids need to answer to make the visit more interesting.
- Camping: If the weather permits, pack up the gang and head over to the local campground. This is a great way to unplug and reconnect with each other. If you have 10 feet of snow where you live, camp out in the living room!
- Mealtime: Nothing beats a lazy family meal where everyone can talk about their day and catch up. Why not play 20 questions to make the meal even more fun and interesting?
Raising kids to eat healthy can be tricky at times. My kids go from one extreme to another. One meal they are eating everything in sight and the next, they are trying t hide their food under their napkins when I am not looking! To compound that issue, I am on a fixed budget and need to be able to make my meals for as little as possible. With the new McCormick Skillet Sauces, I can make a flavorful meal the kids and I will love. At just $1.99 per pouch, I can add it to my choice of meat and vegetables, cook for 15 minutes and voila you have a delicious meal! For almost 125 years, McCormick has been committed to adding flavor to your food. With the newly launched McCormick Skillet Sauces, making dinner can be quick and easy as well as delicious.
What I truly appreciate, is they are as easy as 1,2,3. All you do is pour your favorite sauce into a pan with your meat and/or vegetables and you have dinner in about 15 minutes! The McCormick Skillet Sauces are made from the highest quality all natural spices and herbs and come in 7 varieties from Taco with Chipotle and Garlic Skillet Sauce to Sesame Stir-Fry and only cost $1.99. My family is crazy for the Smokey Applewood BBQ with chicken. All I do is put a pound of chicken tenders and 2 pouches of the Smokey Applewood BBQ in the slow cooker. This way, I can go about helping the kids with homework and other things while the slow cooker does all the work for me! The chicken comes out so tender and flavorful! Serve with broccoli and potato salad and you are good to go!
How Can the McCormick Skillet Sauces allow you to spend time with your family?