I do not remember a time when spring was more welcome than right now! After such a harsh winter, this beautiful and warm weather is a lovely change of pace. With warmer weather comes all sorts of fun changes for the house, ourselves, the garden and many other areas! I have begun to pack away all reminders of those cold winter days and bring out the warm weather gear! As far as clothing goes, some must have items for a girl’s closet in the spring are lots of cute tops and sundresses. After being hidden under a bunch of sweaters and coats for months, it is nice to bare a little skin! With that being said, comes the little issue we typically have with our poor dermis which was also exposed to those harsh cold conditions. It is time to get rid of the dry and flaky skin of winter and say hello to the soft and silky skin of spring. Here are a few secrets to baby soft skin you will want to show off!
5 Secrets To Getting Baby Soft Skin
- Eat Lots Of Berries: I love fresh strawberries, blueberries and raspberries and it turns out my skin loves them too! Because they are so rich in antioxidants, berries can help improve the look, feel and texture of your skin.
- Eat Lots Of Fish: Studies show if you eat fish at least twice a week, you can dramatically improve your skin. The Omega-3 fatty acids which are found in fish like salmon, trout, and albacore tuna give you smooth and glowing skin! If you are not a fish eater, you can get those fatty acids from sources like walnuts, flaxseeds, broccoli and spinach.
- Get Lots Of Sleep: This is a difficult one for me because I suffer from insomnia. When we sleep, our bodies are hard at work rejuvenating itself. This is when we get healthy and fresh new skin cells which replace those old, tired and dead skin cells.
- Drink Lots Of Water: H20 is one of the big keys to having glowing and radiant skin. Water will flush toxins out of your body and clean out your system of impurities. When you drink plenty of water, you will see a reduction in blemishes and other skin imperfections. If you are a soda drinker like me, this can make your skin look sallow, tired and can cause breakouts, even if it is diet soda you are drinking.
- Scrub A Dub Dub: Exfoliating your skin is a fantastic way to get rid of dead skin cells, improve your skin’s circulation and get beautiful and smooth skin. I have been using the Kenyan Coffee Body Scrub from nyakio and my skin has never looked or felt better!
I have completely fallen head over heels in love with this product! I cannot begin to tell you, although I will certainly try, how amazing my skin looks and feels after using this miracle scrub. I decided to go all in and use the scrub in the shower. I wanted to get rid of these dead skin cells I feel have been hanging around all winter! From the moment you open the jar, the fragrance of the Kenyan coffee beans, sugar, mongongo nut oil, shea butter, jojoba oil and avocado oil intoxicates you. As soon as I began to rub my skin with the Kenyan Coffee Body Scrub, which sells for $55 on the website, I could tell a difference! My skin felt a bit of a tingle and a it got a nice pink glow about it. Once I rinsed it off, I could already tell my skin was softer and smoother. Once I dried off and got dressed, I was sure I would need to apply body lotion as I always do, but I did not! My skin was soft, felt moisturized, invigorated and rejuvenated and like a baby’s bum!
The nyakio™ brand is a line of beauty products created by Nyakio Kamoche Grieco, who is a first-generation American of Kenyan descent. She has taken secrets from her family of medicine men, farmers and educators and mixed that with a passion for beauty. The result is this wonderful line of sophisticated and unique moisturizers, cleansers and creams. Her products offer incredible hydrating, revitalizing, smoothing and anti-aging benefits and did I mention they smell Ah-May-Zing? She uses natural ingredients and does not ever include any parabens or sulfates. It is no surprise many of the Hollywood elite clamor to use her fantastic, unique and effective products. Be sure to follow the nyakio™ brand on Twitter and Pinterest.
What do you use as part of your skin care routine to get baby soft skin?