One of my favorite things to do when the weather is warm is sit outside and watch the kids play. There is such unguarded joy on a child’s face that it fills my heart with so much love. You can’t help but smile and appreciate life a bit more when you see your kids running and laughing with each other. We have a pretty nice deck that overlooks our yard, but it isn’t what you would call a “zen” space. I wanted to create a space that would be relaxing and pretty that I could enjoy while I am outside. I wasn’t exactly sure how to create the space, so I looked it up and here are some really easy changes you can make for your tranquil area:
- The Right Spot: The first thing you need to do is choose the spot you want to create your area. This can be a patio, deck or a shady spot under a tree. If you are going to build an area in the yard, you will need to do some work first. You will need to get some railroad ties or another like item to mark off the area and fill it with sand, stones or gravel.
- Foliage: Nothing says zen like some beautiful full and green plants. Add some pretty flowers or even a trellis with some gorgeous roses climbing up the side.
- Seating: There are so many options for seating in your area including big pillows, a bench or a comfortable chair. For my area, I am planning on putting a rocking chair with a colorful cushion.
- Lighting: In order to enjoy your space in the evening, you should consider adding some lighting. There are some really cool outdoor lighting options that would fit any area and budget. I especially like the glowing sphere lights you can spread around your garden.
- Water: No zen space is complete without water and your local home improvement store can help you here. My brother and his wife had a small pond built that they put a few koi fish in. This was absolutely beautiful and so serene. For my space, I did not want to go to those lengths, so I decided a nice fountain would be perfect. In my opinion, the company that offers that widest selection of fountains and other wonderful products for inside and outside the home is Serenity Health.
Create A Zen Space For Your Patio
I have wanted a fountain for a long time but I never got around to getting one. When I was offered the gorgeous Mosaic Terracotta Cascade Solar Fountain from Serenity Health, I was so excited! I felt like a kid at Christmas that got the one present they had hoped for all year! If you want to create a zen space for your patio, this is an easy to set up addition to your area. With it being a solor fountain, you do need the panel to be in direct sun light, but for indoor use, you can order a separate AC adapter. The pump works really well and makes no noise to disturb the quiet vibe you are trying to achieve. The inlaid mosaic tiles add a look of elegance that goes pefectly with the babble of the water as it goes from one terracotta bowl to the next. The only thing I did not get but plan to, is some nice stones to put in the bottom bowl to cover the pump as otherwise you can plainly see it in the water. I absolutely love this fountain and we have been enjoying it since we put it together. Serenity Health & Home Decor has been selling high quality products since 1998. Including a vast selection of fountains for in and out of the home, you can find such beautiful items like fire pits, wind chimes, spinners, hammocks and many others. In 2008 and 2009, Serenity Health opened 2 new websites: Water Fountain Place and Premiere Fire Pits. For a complete listing of Serenity Health’s online stores, you can go to GL Stores, where you can find additional items like game tables and pet beds.
One reader will win the Mosaic Terracotta Cascade Solar Fountain ($129.95)