I waited until my kids were in school before I went back to college. I graduated from nursing school with my ASN at the age of 48. I am working on my BSN and my husband is gearing up for culinary school in the fall. I am kinda of nerdy, so I love school, but my husband is not as excited as I am. I had to make a list of what he would need when he returns in August. Here is my list I gave him for a successful transition to being a freshman!
5 Essential Things You Need For College
- A Laptop or Tablet: Many courses are accessible online, so being able to use the Internet while you are on the go is a must.
- A Small Stapler: I cannot how many time my friends and I were asking around for a stapler during class. Those teacher sure do love to give you handouts separately, but they want them back stapled!
- Highlighters: I cannot study unless I have a variety of colored highlighters. I have a color coded system and it helps me stay organized and study more efficiently.
- Post It Tabs: I was constantly going back and forth between sections in my book during class and while studying. I kept a supply of the Post It Tabs to keep everything at my fingertips so I could keep up!
- A Book Bag or Backpack: Chris prefers a backpack, while I prefer a book bag. I have always been more comfortable carrying just a few books in a smaller bag thank carrying a bulky back pack.
If you are looking for a good-looking book bag, purse, tote or other fashion accessories, Bijuju is the perfect destination. This accessory boutique has fashionable items without the high price tag. I received a beautiful leather cross body bag, which sold or $49, which is perfect for my needs. I usually carry just one book, a pen or pencil, my post it tabs and my iPod, so I did not need anything big. The leather is soft, the strap is nice and sturdy and it also looks fantastic. I love to be stylish and nerdy all at the same time!
If you are looking for affordable and chic fashion accessories, Bijuju has a ton of options for you. If you are looking for jewelry, you can choose from a large variety of necklaces, statement pieces, bracelets, rings and more. You can also find great looking hats, scarves, watches, brooches and hair accessories. They also have a wedding section as well as a style guide to help you choose the accessory which is right for you. The Bijuju line began in 2004 in Myrtle Beach, SC and has grown to 8 boutiques across both North and South Carolina. Be sure to follow Bijuju on Twitter and Pinterest.
What is your top must have item for college?