With a free upgrade for a new phone, I decided to look for tips for picking the right smartphone. I wanted to make sure that the phone I choose is going to fit into my lifestyle and will last. I am one of those people who will keep something until it falls apart or is no longer viable for use. When I found out my current phone was going to be phased out, I knew it was time to make the switch to a more updated smartphone. Here are five great tips to help you choose the phone that is right for you:
Picking The Right Smartphone
- Is It Needed: Before you take the time to research what phones are available, make sure you actually need a smart phone. With the high costs that can be attached to a smartphone, you should make sure that is the right phone for you. If you use your current phone to make calls and text on occasion, you probably don’t need a smartphone. If you are checking emails, downloading information, music or images, listening to music, etc., you probably do need a smart phone.
- Choose The Right Carrier: Does your current carrier offer you the best plan for your needs? Make a list of the features you want for your smartphone and compare that to those offered by the various carriers. You may find the carrier you are with now may not be the best for your needs. Taking the time to research this can save you a lot of money in the long road.
- Set A Budget: You need to consider the cost of the phone as well as the monthly fee for the phone. Be sure to ask about added expenses like taxes, insurance, etc. when budgeting for your phone. Remember also that cheap doesn’t always mean inexpensive. If you choose the wrong plan, you can end up spending much more than you budgeted for.
- Find The Right Operating System: Before you decide on a phone, you should decide which operating system you are going to use; Apple’s iOS, Google’s Android system, Microsoft’s Windows Mobile and the Research in Motion’s Blackberry OS. Each of these systems has their own specific features, so you need to learn about each one and decide which system will work best for your needs,
- Check Them Out: Now that you have decided on a budget, carrier and an operating system test out some phones. Go to your local brick and mortar for your carrier and try out each phone. This is the best way for you to see for yourself which one will be best for you. For myself, after a lot of consideration, I decided on the Windows Phone 8X from HTC. This phone had everything I wanted in a smartphone and it looks great as well.
Features With The Windows 8 Phone
I had heard about all the features with the Windows phone, but I wanted to see them for myself. I had the opportunity to test out the Windows 8X Smartphone from HTC while at CES, and I loved it! There are so many reasons I love this phone that I can’t possibly list them all, but here are my top reasons:
- Tiles: You can customize the tiles on the start-up screen of your Windows 8 phone. You can make big or small, square or rectangular, arrange them in the order you like and you can even change their color.
- Wallet: You are able to securely store all of your financial information like your banking and credit card information. You can also store membership reward points if you are a member of a club that offers that perk.
- Pictures: The Windows 8 phone takes high-quality photos and with the ultra-wide-angle lens, you can fit more into the frame. This comes in handy when you want to take a photo of a large group of people or scenery that is wide. The colors are vibrant and clear and it is super easy to use.
- Size: The slim and lightweight design of the Windows phone makes carrying it a breeze. It is comfortable to hold in your hand, slip into your pocket or when holding it up to your ear.
- Sound: With the built in Beats Audio, you get a high definition sounds that is unlike any other phone. With the Windows 8 phone you get a sound that is crystal clear, with no distortion. With this phone, you can eliminate the need to carry an Mp3 player with you.
Content and/or other value provided by our partner, HTC.
I was so impressed with the Windows 8X phone from HTC that I am going to make a permanent switch. I love the sleek design that fits perfectly into my pocket or purse and with its lightweight design, I hardly know it is there. I love that the screen is flush, so if I do put it in my pocket, I am not going to accidently turn it off or take a picture of the inside of my pocket in error. The phone is so easy to use and it takes amazing pictures. The sound on this phone will blow you away because it has a better sound than your Mp3 player does. This phone literally has everything you could possible want in a phone and more.