Are you one of the millions of women and men who color their hair? This is a huge section of the beauty industry and is growing each and every year. We color our hair for a myriad of reasons that span from boredom to covering those pesky grey hairs. Some of us prefer to color our hair at home while some go to their local salon to their favorite colorist. The one thing we can probably agree on is the color does not last and therefore is something we must continue to revisit every 4-6 weeks. There are some tips that can help us to extend that life and here are a few:
Five Tips To Make Your Color Last Longer
- Be Dirty: Did you know that a little bit of dirt on your hair is actually good for it? Washing too often can strip essential oils, nutrients, and yes, color.
- Be Bright: Adding an over the counter glaze or shine product to your hair can extend the life of your color by up to 3 weeks.
- Get Out Of The Way: Water is not necessarily your friend when it comes to color on your hair. The more you get your hair wet, the less likely you are to keep that color. One way to avoid this is not to stand directly under that hard stream of water in the shower and use warm instead of hot water.
- Less Minerals: Consider a filter for your shower head to keep those harmful to the hair minerals out of your hair.
- Go Dry: Consider using a dry shampoo and/or conditioner on color treated hair. By using a product like those from Pureology from Redken can greatly extend the life of your color.
Make Your Color Last Longer
The Redken company go their start from an American actress by the name of Paula Kent. Paula knew as an actress the stress one’s hair could go through at the hands of the hairdressers on the set. She found she was extremely sensitive to many of the products used and her hair was paying the price. With her entrepreneurial spirit, Paula decided to take matters into her own hands and come up with a better solution. She and her hairdresser, Jheri Redding put their heads together and they developed 3 products. They developed their products on the 3 principals of protein technology, an acidic pH of 4.5-5.5, and products recommended exclusively by licensed cosmetologists in professional salons. This has built an empire of products that are adored by hairdressers and customers alike throughout the world.
The Pureology line is a salon hair care brand that was created for professional colorists and their clientele to make your color last longer. This line is unlike any other on the market because they have highly concentrated ZeroSulfate® shampoos and their exclusive AntiFadeComplex®. This powerhouse combination keeps your hair looking like you just stepped out of the salon for weeks longer than without it. This dry shampoo and conditioner are 100% vegan, is easy to apply and is safe for all hair types. and The shampoo gives you effective oil absorption as well as refreshes and cleans your hair without using abrasive water. The conditioner leaves your hair soft and manageable and gives you shiny hair from end to end. You can purchase the Pureology products from a salon near you, which you can find using the salon locator on the Pureology website.