When we think about winter turning into spring, most thoughts go to the outdoors. We are so happy to see the plants and grass getting lush and green and the flowers in bloom. It is also time to tend those gardens we have been waiting to cultivate for months. With the push for going with more organic foods, a garden is a great idea for many people. Eating lots of fruits and vegetables are vital for a healthy body. Their benefits include healthy organs, energy, lower cholesterol and many more. What people may not be aware of is many of these are also on the list of foods that are good for your hair. Here are just a few:
5 Foods For Healthy Hair
- Spinach: This leafy and yummy vegetable contains iron, beta carotene, folate, and vitamin C, which help to keep hair follicles healthy and your scalp oils circulating.
- Blueberries: This powerful little fruit is packed full of antioxidants and essential vitamins crucial for circulation to your scalp and supporting the tiny blood vessels that feed the follicles. Too little of these tiny blue guys or similar fruits can lead to hair breakage.
- Sweet Potatoes: This hearty vegetable is filled with the antioxidant beta carotene, which your body turns into vitamin A. Every cell in your body needs vitamin A,and it protects and produces the oils that sustain your scalp. If you have dandruff, you may be low on vitamin A as it can leave your scalp itchy and dry.
- Avocados: Avocados are rich in beta-carotene, vitamin B and C, which are all essential for hair growth. Vitamin E promotes oxygen to get to your cells and strengthens capillary walls, which helps with scalp circulation.
- Grapefruit: One of the best ways to ensure healthy hair is to get enough vitamin C. Vitamin C is a major antioxidant and s essential for producing skin collagen and eliminates dandruff and helps with scalp circulation.
So, now we know eating all these healthy fruits and veggies makes our hair healthy from the inside out. Now I want to introduce you to a line of hair care products which have some of the same healthy ingredients. The Theorie Signature Grapefruit Collection from Your Theorie is packed full of all the great vitamins and antioxidants your hair loves. For a spring inspired line packed full of fresh scents and products to give you easy styling and versatility, these products are for you! All the products from Theorie products contain all natural ingredients and they are also free of sodium, chloride, sulfate and paraben.
The line includes their Grapefruit Collection, which includes shampoo, conditioner, finishing sprays and hair masks. The products retails from $26-$36 and they are in generous 13.5 ounce or the mega big 28.6 ounce bottles. A little goes a long way with these products, so you are not going through them in a week! Your hair is smooth, shiny, uber manageable and it smells fantastic! With their conditioner formula has a special ingredient, pure Helichrysum extract, which deeply moisturizes and repairs damage to your hair. It helps prevent damage from heat, stress, sunlight and other environmental factors which are harmful to your hair. You can also find hair care products in their Argan Oil, Helichrysum, and Green Tea Collections as well a high quality flat irons, curling irons and hair dryer, all of which can be purchased from their website. Be sure to follow Theorie on Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
What is your favorite food that is good for your hair?