- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup whole wheat flour
- 1.5 oz of Lundberg Sante Fe Barbecue Rice Chips, crushed
- ½ t garlic powder
- 1 T herb de poulet
- Carbonell Extra Virgin olive oil
- Put the chicken tenders in a bowl with a lid
- Pour the buttermilk until it covers the chicken
- Add the garlic, herb de poulet, and a pinch or two of salt
- Shake the container to mix and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Combine the chips, flour, and panko in a shallow pan
- Coat each piece of chicken on both sides with the crumbed mixture and place on a plate side by side
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Heat the oil in an iron skillet on a medium setting. It should be about 1 inch.
- Add the chicken one piece at a time to the pan
- Fry each side of the chicken for about 3 minutes or until golden brown
- Drain on paper towels and serve.
I love olive oil, but had never used it for frying. I always thought that the olive oil would turn bitter at high temperatures. I never wanted to try it because who wants to cook up an entire meal to have to throw it away. I learned that all you need to do is cook on medium heat! Oh my a whole new world has been opened to me. Carbonell provided me with samples of their olive oil as well as sponsored this post to help them tell you about the DareToCarbonell Challenge. I decided to take the #DareToCarbonell Challenge and fry some chicken! I have been craving juicy chicken tenders since my husband cheated on his diet and went to Rib City. I sat there and watched him eat his 1/2 pound of chicken, and the cravings began. I figured if I made it from home, I could escape all of the added lard and vegetable oils that are not good for you. I love controlling what goes into my body.
Carbonell would like to challenge you to become more daring in your kitchen. Since 1866, Carbonell content has embodied the spirit of art, culture, food, family, and friends with supremely exquisite olive oil. Today, Carbonell is the world’s leading spanish olive oil brand, famous for its incomparable quality and taste. It is not hard to see why with the three varieties that I tried. There is an olive oil for your every cooking need. You can find a ton of great recipes at DareToCarbonell.com.
- Daringly Expressive Extra Virgin Olive Oil has a rich taste and smooth flavor that will make any dish pop with Spanish personality. Use Carbonell Extra VirginOlive Oil for salads, dips, marinades and drizzling over finished dishes. When you use the Daringly Expressive Extra Virgin Olive Oil, you give yourself permission to be a more daring and expressive version of yourself. I actually used this in my Lemon Cherry Olive Oil Ice Cream Recipe.
- Fantastically Light Extra Light Olive Oil has a light taste that will take your meal to new heights. Use Carbonell Extra Light Olive Oil for high-heat cooking such as frying, sautéing, and even baking.
- Distinctly Classic Olive Oil has a traditional flavor that harkens back to the heritage of Cordoba. Carbonell Classic Olive Oil is an all-purpose cooking oil, adding a mild flavor to soups, sauces and grilled meats and vegetables.
The Dare to Carbonell campaign celebrates a new website launch at Dare To Carbonell where users can experience the three different and bold worlds of Carbonell Olive Oil. Sign up to get a free sample so you can experience it for yourself. This blog post is part of a paid SocialMoms and Carbonell blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own. To read more posts on this topic, click here.