This post is sponsored by Frito-Lay, but all opinions are my own. I cannot believe summer vacation is officially over this weekend and school is starting. The kids and I have done most of our back to school shopping for the start of school. We have gotten all of our clothing, shoes, tech items and school supplies. We decided we were going to take one last fun family outing before school begins. We have taken our share of mini road trips and have gotten pretty good at it. Before we hit the road, I have a checklist I refer to which lists all of the items we need for our car ride. Here they are:
5 Things To Bring On A Family Outing
- Itinerary: I always have a printed sheet with the address, directions and hours of the venue we are visiting. I also have any confirmation numbers, contact names and special instructions we ma need.
- Tote Bag: I always have a large tote bag or backpack to carry to wherever we are going. This allows me to carry all my necessities as well as have room for any souvenirs we may bring home.
- First Aid Kit: I never leave the house without a mini first aid kit. I have at least antibiotic ointment, band aids, pain reliever and hand sanitizer.
- Activity Kit: If we are driving more than 30 minutes away, I pack each of the kids backpack with fun things to do on the road. This may be a book, a coloring book and crayons, and hand held or travel games.
- Snacks: My kids eat all the time and I hate to stop at a convenience store or fast food restaurant every 20 minutes. I pack each kid a lunch box with their favorite snacks like their favorite Frito-Lay chips.
We have been fans of the Frito-Lay snacks for a lot of years now. We never grow tired of the great varieties like the Lay’s Classic potato chips, Doritos Nacho Cheese or Cool Ranch chips and my favorite, the cheesy and crunchy Cheetos snacks. Whenever we are heading out for a road trip, we grab a handful of Frito-Lay snack size bags. Henry loves all of the Skylanders® characters, so he loves his new Skylanders® lunchbox. He also got a new backpack, sunglasses and the latest Skylanders® character, Fire Bone Hot Dog. We decided to take this little guy, along with our Skylanders® gear to a local amusement park for our end of the summer fun family outing. As luck would have it, we had severe thunderstorms all day, so going to an outdoor venue was out of the question. Instead, we decided to head out to see one of the summer’s blockbuster movies, Godzilla. We invited our best friends Adam and Anna to come along and the kids had a blast.
Currently, Frito-Lay and Skylanders® are offering fans a way to bring their favorite Skylanders® characters to life. With the uber cool free mobile app from Blippar, you can enter for the chanceto win Skylanders® prizes and get unique Skylanders® content. Lucky fans will win one of the adorable translucent Skylanders® characters, Fire Bone Hot Dog. Fans will have the chance to win the super cute translucent version of this Skylanders® character. To enter download the free Blippar mobile app on your smart phone or tablet and scan the back of any specially marked Skylanders® Frito-Lay Variety Pack. Download the free Blippar app for your IOS or Android device and enter between now and September 5th. One Fire Bone Hot Dog figure will be given away for every 15 minutes of play during the promotion.
Another fun event taking place with Frito-Lay is they are giving away a Skylanders® Game Truck Party, which will drive up right in front of the house of one lucky winner. To enter, download the free Blippar mobile app on your IOS or Android smart phone or tablet and scan the Skylanders® character on the in-store Frito-Lay Skylanders® from now through August 15. Also, Frito-Lay is offering a $5-off coupon for a Skylanders® SWAP ForceTM Starter Packs and a $1-off coupon for a Skylanders® SWAP ForceTM Single Toy after participating in either promotion. Because coupons
supplies are limited, you need to enter soon to receive these coupons before they’re gone!
What is your favorite Frito-Lay Snack?