This post has been deliciously sponsored by Success® Rice. It’s that time of year again! No, not just Fall, but it does start with an F. It’s football season! If there is one thing to know about me, traditional game day food is not really my thing. If I am going to host my closest friends and family at my home, I’m going to treat them well and, of course, feed them like kings. Just because my guests are well fed doesn’t mean that I have to miss half of my beloved University of Alabama football game. I am all about cooking meals that are quick and easy and still tasty.
I hate walking away from the game, so Success® Rice is always my go to ingredient. Rice is easy and delicious, and there are so many different things that you can do with it! Success Rice is no measure, no mess and boil-in-bag, making it an easy and convenient game day option. I can even turn the heat off, walk away from the kitchen and leave it in the water without worrying about it getting too soft or gummy. My latest Success® Rice recipe, Yellow Rice and Beans, was a huge hit at my latest get-together!
Yellow Rice and Beans Recipe
- ¾ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Bag of Success White Rice
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions
- 1 pound of ground beef, browned
- 1 packet of chili mix
- 2 cans black beans
- Heat the turmeric, cumin, and cinnamon over low heat until fragrant, stirring, about 30 seconds.
- Add water, butter, salt and bag of rice to the mixture. Cook until rice is done.
- When rice is finished, fluff with a fork and add scallions.
- In separate pan, add chili mix, black beans and rice to the browned ground beef.
If you loved my recipe, head over to Success® Rice to find more than 300 recipes from breakfast to dessert. You can even find recipe inspiration by following Success Rice on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Once you’ve perfected your recipe, try your hand at the O, The Oprah Magazine! “How Are You Cooking This Fall?” Sweepstakes for a chance to win a prize pack valued at up to $1,000! This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf Success® Rice.
Which Success® Rice recipe is your favorite?