Do you remember when you learned how to read? I actually have a vivid memory of my sister and I singing the alphabet and reading in my moms lap when I was 3 or 4. I have always been an avid reader and that is in large part because my mom was as well. We were always going to the library and checking out stacks of books that were taller than we were! My own kids are also huge readers and they get that love from my mom and myself. Caitlin ALWAYS has her nose in a book and my husband gets so irritated with her! She literally takes a book everywhere we go, whether it is shopping, to a restaurant or even the movies! Do you have a bookworm on your holiday gift list this year? If so, I have a great list of gifts they may enjoy:
Unique Gift Ideas For Bookworms Under $50
- Leg Bookmark: How would you like your bookmark with a sense of humor? Any bookworm would get a “kick” out of a pair of legs sticking from the pages of their book. At just $25, this is a steal!
- Book Pencils: For the book lover who cannot get enough reading, the can read these clever pencils with famous lines from their favorite books! At just $8 for a set of 4, these are the prefect stocking stuffer!
- A Book Light: No, this is not one of those little lights you clamp onto your book. This is a lamp which is shaped like a book! It is just over $50, so it still fits into my budget quite nicely.
- Book Jewelry: I love to see unique pieces of jewelry from my favorite books. Chelsea’s favorite book is Alice in Wonderland, so this “Down The Rabbit Hole” necklace from Out of Print Clothing is perfect for her. At $30, which includes the clever library inspired holder, I think it is perfect!
- Book Tees: Caitlin is a sophomore in high school, so she is all about the leggings and tees right now. Her favorite book is “The Outsiders” and Out of Print Clothing has the cutest Burton Edition tee for her. I had to give it to her early for photo purposes, but it was well worth it when she squealed to an ear piercing level when she saw it!
I love it when I find such amazing companies like Out of Print Clothing. They have found a way to bring your favorite books to life through fashion. How cool is that?! I appreciate that they are not going for the top ten bestseller list of books, but rather going for the iconic and often out of print (hence the name) book covers. They work with artists, authors and publishers so they are able to license content of your favorite reads into tees, jewelry, baby onesies, phone cases and other accessories. You can find favorite classics like “Where the Wild Things Are”, “Gone With the Wind”, “Of Mice and Men” and “A Clockwork Orange” just to name a fraction of their titles.
Another very cool aspect of the company is their mission to give back to the world. Many of us, myself included, take for granted our accessibility to books. There are so many people worldwide who do not have a library or a school filled with books at their fingertips. So, through their partner, Books for Africa, for each item you purchase from Out of Print Clothing, a book is donated to a community in need. So far, they have donated over a million books which is truly spectacular. I have been so positively impacted by books and I love that Out of Print Clothing is spreading that joy through such a unique way. If you have a book lover on your holiday gift list, you really should treat them to something affordable from this cool company! Be sure to follow Out of Print on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Which of the gifts for book lovers from Out of Print Clothing is your favorite?