We probably all have that one friend who has been everywhere and seen just about the whole world. They are always globe-trotting or jet-setting to exotic places we cannot even pronounce the name of! They only take a plane when a train, boat or other less traditional mode of transportation to get them where they are going is unavailable. From all the times they have flown, their frequent flyer miles are probably close to the million mile mark. They most likely have so many stamps on their passport, it seems impossible they have room for one more. So what in the world do you get this guy or gal for a birthday or Christmas gift? With a seasoned traveler you are not going to be able to get by with luggage, the latest e-book or English to whatever language dictionary. Instead, try one of these more unusual gifts they wold probably not have thought to get themselves:
Gifts For The Traveler For Less Than $50
- Scratch Map: I love this idea! It is a map of the USA, the entire world, Europe and individual countries. The traveler is able to scratch off each location they have visited and a colorful area of the continent is shown.
- Travel Bags: These bags are waterproof and can be compressed for maximum packing. No more dirty laundry mixed with clean or a high heel snagging a favorite sweater!
- Folding Speakers: These are super cool! They are about the size of a deck of cards, fold flat for easy storage but still deliver a great sound. They are ready for you to plug in your MP3 player, smartphone or other mobile device.
- Travel Coffee Press: Instead of brewing coffee in the room, you can have your coffee brewed wherever you are. The cup is portable so you can brew and drink on the go.
- Jewelry: Ok, so the traveler on your list has jewelry. I get that. But, do they have jewelry made from stamps of their favorite country? I thought so! With the cleverly designed postage stamp jewelry from Postali Jewelry, you are sure to give a gift this traveler will not have but will instantly love.
I am always on the hunt for jewelry I have not seen before. In all honesty, if I can be the first kid on the block to have something, I want it now! Goodness, I sound like Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka! When I first stumbled upon the Postali Jewelry Etsy shop, I could not believe how different, delicate and sweet these pieces of art are. Kelsey makes the Postage Stamp Charm Necklaces like I received as well as earrings, bracelets, hairpins, bracelets and rings. All of the pieces from Postali are handmade from resin, base metal, brass, and real postage stamps.
My necklace has stamps from Ireland, which is where my people are from. If you do not see a stamp from a country or state you like, Kelsey will do her best to find it for you. Some stamps are vintage, some exotic and some are one of a kind. What they all have in common is they are among the most beautiful and unique pieces of jewelry I have ever seen. They are perfect for yourself, bridesmaids gifts, for the travel lover, your mom, your sister, your daughter or yes, just about anyone you can think of. You can also see Kelsey’s work over on the Grommet. Please be sure to follow Postali Jewelry on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. Makobi Scribe readers can take an additional 15% off their orders when purchasing from the Postali Jewelry Etsy shop by using “Makobi15” at checkout. One USA reader will win one Spain Postage Stamp Charm Necklace ARV $30.
Which of these gifts for the traveler who has everything would you choose?