I absolutely love hosting sleepovers for Aidan and his cousins. It warms my heart to watch how they interact and listen their little conversations. They are too young to realize this now, but they will be in each others lives forever. I cherish every opportunity to make fun memories with them and between them. My nephews and nieces mean the world to me, so they are always treated like special little guests when they spend the night at my house. I am a sucker for family traditions and am always looking for ways to make something traditional. For whatever reason, my nephew Mason always asks for cheese when he comes over. Maybe I offered him cheese once? All I know is that I want to be remembered for more than just cheese! Dinner is too busy when all of the kids are together, with tempers wearing thin and eyes getting blurry.
I decided breakfast would be my best opportunity to start a tradition. Now, breakfast just isn’t breakfast in my house without pancakes. They are such a staple in my kitchen that it became important for me to find a way to pack them with healthy, but still make them fun enough for a 2 year old and his posse. When all was said and done, I was able to make a delicious and vitamin packed, chocolate chip pancake that the kids all loved! Thanks to Wholesome Cravings, I knew that these gluten free pancakes were going to give my family the start they needed for their day and the beginning of a new tradition at my kitchen table. Wholesome Craving’s has four different baking mixes: Chocolate Chip, Banana Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Spice and Apple Ginger. One USA reader will win 4 Wholesome Craving’s baking mixes, which sell for $6 each on their website! OPne USA reader will win 4 mixes $24
- 1 package Wholesome Cravings Banana Chocolate Chip baking mix
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup white sugar (or sweetener of your choice equivalent of ½ cup)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 4oz mini chocolate chips
- Mash bananas in large bowl. Add baking mix, eggs, white sugar/sweetener, brown sugar and milk into bowl and mix until consistency is smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium to medium high heat. Pour or ladle approx. ¼ of pancake mix onto pan and cook until both sides are browned.
- Garnish with butter and a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips.
How do you make breakfast fun at your house?
[…] Enter this Giveaway at Makobi Scribe […]
Comments are closed.