Gorgonzola Beet Au-gratin Casserole Recipe
Author: Jennifer Medeiros
Recipe type: Side Dish
A Flavorful Gorgonzola Beet Au-gratin Casserole Recipe
- 6-8 red beets (2 bunches) with greens
- ½ t Salt
- Pepper to taste
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup skim milk
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves
- 5 ounces of Gorgonzola cheese (reserve one ounce for topping)
- 2 drops sesame oil (optional)
- Roast the beets.
- Blanche and saute the beet greens.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Oil a 2 quart gratin dish or baking dish. I use an 10" iron skillet.
- Mix the sauteed beet greens and chopped roasted beets in the skillet/baking dish.
- Blend the eggs, salt, pepper, milk and Gorgonzola in a separate mixing bowl.
- Pour mixture over the beets and greens.
- Top with the ounce of reserved Gorgonzola.
- Bake 45 minutes until set at 350 degrees.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.