I am so excited to have a crispness in the air and the trees dropping their colorful leaves! The kids are settled back in school and I have some time to myself during the day. The weekends however are for family and that other “F” word: Football. We have good friends whose son plays high school football and we love to watch him play. When the game is over, we get together and make a huge meal for both families to eat while we enjoy one another’s company. One of our favorite things to make on the grill are burgers, which are a tailgating tradition during this time of year.
To make grilling out easier when the weather can be so unpredictable in the fall, we use the George Foreman indoor/outdoor grill to cook up the perfect burger every time. I love this George Forman grill in particular because I can cook easy meals for the entire family in just about 15-20 minutes. With the George Foreman 13 serving indoor/outdoor grill, I can cook indoors on the counter or I can attach the grill to the sturdy metal stand when cooking outdoors.
The George Foreman grill is electric, so you do not need to mess with messy charcoal or worry over running out of propane when you are grilling your favorite meal. This grill offers a generous 200 square inches of cooking space, giving you plenty of room to cook up several items at once. By draining the extra fat into the grease tray, you are cooking with less fat and because the grill plate is removable and has a nonstick coating, cleanup up is easy peasy.
The MegaDome lid offers an adjustable steam vent as well as a cool-touch handle with adjustable temperature control. You can purchase the George Foreman 13 serving indoor/outdoor grill for just $80 from Target. One of my favorite burgers to make is my Gourmet Philly Cheese Steak Burger Recipe. I get to grill up to 15 of my favorite grain fed beef burgers and top them with my favorite veggies and smoky provolone cheese. I hope you enjoy this flavorful recipe at your next tailgating party!
Gourmet Philly Cheese Steak Burger Recipe:
- 2 pounds ground sirloin or chuck
- 1 tablespoon meat seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon Steak Sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large yellow onion
- Sliced bell peppers (red, orange, and yellow)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Smoked Provolone Super Cheesy Cheese Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces smoked provolone cheese, shredded or torn
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine burger ingredients in a large mixing bowl and hand mix
- Form beef into 4 patties, slightly larger than your bun (leaving a concave middle for even cooking)
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium high heat, add onions. Toss to coat, cover and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until onions caramelize. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet and add sliced peppers and mushrooms, toss to coat. Cook until peppers are soft, about 6 mins and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill to high and grill burgers about 3 minutes, turning once. For medium burgers, cook an additional 3 minutes.
- Toast buns on low or indirect heat. Place burger on toasted bottom bun, top with ¼ of the peppers, ¼ of the onions and a spoonful of the cheese sauce, top with toasted top bun and serve!
What is your favorite tailgating food?