This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Pompeian Olive Oil. Did you know July is National Grilling Month? Pompeian, a leader in olive oils and vinegars, is celebrating by sharing simple tips and recipes. These recipes will help you get a taste of the Mediterranean without ever having to leave your backyard. It is so easy to participate. You just need to swap butter or vegetable oil for Pompeian Grapeseed Oil or OlivExtra Premium Mediterranean blend. You can also combine Pompeian oils and vinegars to replace bottled dressings and marinades.
My husband and I enjoy grilling, and often entertain with friends who also like to grill. We take turns trying to top each other’s recipes and introducing new foods. We recently had a dinner party with a few of our epicurean friends who introduced us to a 3,000-year-old Chinese chicken recipe. Wow! Hard to top, but we countered with the Grilled BBQ And Blue Cheese Chicken recipe I adapted from the Weber grilling book. The chicken was so moist, and was a huge hit! The blue cheese was the finger-licking complement to the spicy-sweet BBQ. I used the OlivExtra Premium Mediterranean blend as the secret to the moist chicken which you can find in the recipe below.
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- ½ minced yellow onion
- ¼ c tomato paste
- 3 T Pompeian Roasted Garlic Vinegar
- 1.5 T packed brown sugar
- 1.5 t worcestershire sauce
- 1 t lemon juice
- ¾ t mustard powder
- ½ t salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ t chili powder
- ⅛ t black pepper
- 2 pounds of drumettes and chicken wings
- Pompeian OlivEtra Premium
- 2 oz crumbled blue cheese
- combine all but the last 3 ingredients in saucepan
- simmer over med heat until thickened (15 min) stirring occasionally
- put ⅓ of sauce in small bowl for grilling, saving the remainder for serving
- prepare grill for direct cooking over low heat (250-350 degrees F)
- lightly brush both sides of chicken with Pompeian OlivEtra Premium and season with salt and pepper
- grill chicken over direct low heat with the lid closed for 8 minutes, turning once
- brush chicken with sauce and grill for 8 more minutes turning once
- brush with the remainder of the sauce
- add blue cheese and serve
There are so many recipes you can create with the Pompeian family of oils. Hungry Girl has created quite a few you can try in addition to the Grilled BBQ And Blue Cheese Chicken. If you follow the #GrillWithPompeian hashtag on Twitter, you can see the variety of recipes from other bloggers as well as their personal Hungry Girl favorites!
Pompeian Olive Oil, a leader in olive oils and vinegars, is here to help you celebrate July for National Grilling Month! Pompeian products give you a taste of the Mediterranean without leaving your backyard. By using Pompeian Grapeseed Oil and OlivExtra Mediterranean Blend products you can make grilling healthier and more flavorful in a Mediterranean way. For more information about Pompeian Olive Oil, please visit http://pompeian.com/, and if you are looking for recipe inspiration, be sure you do not miss the below Hungry Girl recipes!
- Hungry Grilled Romaine Salad
- Jalapeno Peach Shrimp Skewers
- Spicy Mustard Chicken Kebabs
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Pompeian Olive Oil.