As women, we tease our husbands about remembering our anniversary each year and how they will be in the dog house if they forget! As women, we tend to have that inborn ability to choose just the perfect gift for our significant other. As for the men, they are often unsure of the best gift to give. I am sure each of us have had at least one year when we opened our anniversary gift and wondered what that man of our was thinking!
This got me thinking about what the appropriate gift is for each year of marriage, so I looked it up. Here is what I found!
The First 5 Anniversary Gifts By Year
- Paper: The first year’s gift is paper and this can include many creative ideas. You can choose some personalized stationary, an antique book, a scrap book materials gift package or maybe one of your wedding invitations framed or put on a plaque.
- Cotton: Year two calls for cotton and this does not mean just clothing! You could give a personalized golf towel, a pillow with your anniversary date embroidered on it or perhaps a set of deliciously soft Egyptian cotton sheets for the bed.
- Leather: The 3rd year is leather and the first thing I think of is a nice leather wallet. You could also give a case for your mobile device, a leather bound book or a nice leather belt.
- Fruit And Flowers: The fourth year is the one guys will love because it is easy! A fresh fruit basket or edible fruit arrangement would be awesome. Of course, there is always a lovely bouquet of flowers, and if they come to the office, that is even better!
- Wood: The 5th year calls for wood and this can be a really creative and fun year! You can give a traditional wooden anniversary clock or maybe a hand carved box for your personal items. Another great idea would be a wooden watch like those from Wood Watches.
Even if you are giving a watch to someone who already owns a watch, chances are they do not own a wooden watch! You can see all of the watches in their collection with the widget below.
I received the Jord watch from the Delmar series and it is just gorgeous. It has a larger modern face design, a scratch proof glass face and a double action locking clasp so it stays put! You can choose from a variety of woods including natural and bamboo and it is available in several carbon colors. The watch sells for $149 and can be purchased from the Wood Watches website. It fit my husband perfectly! He was really intrigued by the wood watch as he has never seen one before. I am extremely jealous and hinted to him our anniversary is in March! One USA reader will win a Jord $149
Which anniversary do you have coming up and what will you be giving this year?