- 12 ounces of dark chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup of International Delight Iced Coffee Caramel Macchiato
- 1 T of coconut cream concentrate
- sprinkles for rolling
- Pour the first three ingredients into a glass microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Stir right away until the chips completely melt. If you need to microwave again, do so on ½ power in 30 sec increments.
- Pour mixture into forms and top with sprinkles. (You can also pour in a shallow bowl and scoop into balls after)
- Top with Sprinkles
- Refrigerate overnight
- Roll into balls again and recoat with sprinkles
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes until set.
I created the above recipe to help celebrate National Coffee Day on September 29. Since it was so close to Halloween, I decided to have a Halloween Treat Play date. Every mom I know depends on coffee in the morning and throughout the day to keep up with their kids. I know I do! I really treasure the moments when I am able to sit on the porch and watch my kids play talking with my friends while sipping on some International Delight Iced Coffee. It is so hot here in Florida, drinking hot coffee is really out of the question.
I live about 30 minutes from the nearest coffee house, but I live right across the street from Winn Dixie. International Delight sure made my day when they offered all four flavors (vanilla, mocha, original, and caramel macchiato) of iced coffee right at my local grocery. I am able to save time and money! In my party bag of treats I was given coupons for $1 off so my party guest were pretty happy that I shared them. You can usually find the iced coffee for $3.99 a gallon, so the coupons were a huge savings.
My mom friends agreed that we all need coffee; so while we drank and celebrated, we also shared recipe ideas of what we thought we could create using the iced coffee. Everyone loved my Halloween Caramel Mocha Truffles Recipe and I shared the recipe cards that International Delight sent. You can also find more recipes online at the International Delight’s Iced Coffee Facebook page.
Everyone needs a break! We even shared a glass with the lawn guy. Isn’t it funny how someone always has to mow the lawn when you are trying to have a party. Can you believe that 6 moms, 2 grandma’s and a lawn guy drank 4 gallons of iced coffee in a 2.5 hour span. That is how good it was. I had bought one of each flavor and we all tried at least one glass. At my party, the mocha was the favorite, but I personally prefer the new caramel macchiato. I probably buy 2 gallons a week so I switch around the flavors for variety.
Iced Coffee Trends
Consumers need an at-home solution for iced coffee:
- Iced coffee servings have doubled since 20051
- Making ice coffee at home is not easy, as a result more people purchase their iced coffee on-the-go (78%) compared to hot coffee (52%)2
- While iced coffee is a favorite in the summer, 62% of iced coffee drinkers drink it during winter months
For growing fans, there’s never been an easier and more convenient way to enjoy coffeehouse quality iced coffee at home … until now.
Just pour over ice and enjoy a cold and refreshing iced coffee year round and whenever you like.
I wrote this review while participating in an In Home Party campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of International Delight and received product samples to facilitate my party and review, and a promotional item to thank me for participating.