Over the years, as my family grew with additions of husbands and wives, children and grandchildren, it became essential to revert from expensive store bought items to handmade presents. Coming from a creative family, handmade gift ideas were abundant and extremely cost-effective. Plus, they are more thoughtful and personal. I would like to share with you some easy handmade craft ideas that you can make for any holiday, birthday or event.
Hand Made Gift Ideas for Women:
- Wind chimes are always a wonderful idea for women and can be created from a plethora of objects. I’ve used a lot of seashells and sand dollars in various projects. They offer an exciting trip to the beach to collect and a beautiful gift only your imagination can create.
- Decorative Pillows can be created using a little poly-fil and scrap material. To make them more personal, using swatches of their children’s clothing will make those same pillows a conversation piece.
Handmade Presents for Boyfriend:
- Sports related items are no-fail simple homemade gift ideas, such as their favorite team blanket or pillow. Your best guy can watch the game with a piece of you there with them. These easy handmade gifts are practical and useful.
- Personalized Scrapbooks will feed your man’s ego and say how proud you are of him. Take photos of him playing softball, reeling in the big catch of the day, or just working on his car. Display them creatively adding your own heartfelt words to describe what each photo means to you.
Handmade Christmas Gift Ideas:
- Personal items are more appropriate for handmade Christmas gifts. Ideas, such as jewelry or candle making for women or photo and sports memorabilia albums for men, are all unique handmade Xmas gift ideas.
- Toys are always a good idea for children, handmade or store bought. If you don’t know what to do with all those odd socks, use them to make sock dolls for the little girls. Another great handmade gift idea is write your own story using the child as the main character.
- Simple handmade gifts Easy homeade Christmas gifts bring out the artist in you. Your ideas are only limited by your imagination and enthusiasm. Even easy crafts for toddlers can make great gifts for loved ones at holidays. Make a game of it within your family, as mine did. No longer purchase gifts with a $20.00 per person budget. Try making the best gift with the least amount of money spent. Inexpensive things can be used or transformed into elegant handmade gifts, like a used boat oar can become a striking piece of painted art for a family member’s man-cave, used baskets can make wind chimes, and trinket boxes can be made into beautiful music boxes. With handmade treasures, thrift stores become go-to places to shop. Because shopping at thrift shops supports local businesses and decreases the amount of household items in landfills by recycling them, you’re also helping the environment and community.
- Cook or Bake your favorite recipe You know the saying, “The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.” Find a great recipe idea. It always means a lot to me when my neighbors and friends bake cookies or make chocolate truffles.
A Few Recipes To Give As Handmade Gift Ideas
Cake Ball Truffles Recipe- I love to make these cake ball truffles to give as gifts to my friends and family at Christmas time. It usually takes a few days of baking and dipping, but the recipients always appreciate the thought and effort that I put into baking them. I usually make a ton of different flavors so the gift is unique to the person I am making it for. That is what is really nice about giving a hand made gift, the thought that goes into each one and the time. Sometimes, the gift of your time is the greatest gift of all. More…
|More Great Gift Ideas|
Mandarin Orange Oatmeal Muffins Recipe – If you are looking for a unique gift for a person who loves baked goods, these mandarin orange oatmeal muffins are a great homemade gift choice. They are light and fluffy with centers stuffed with mandarin oranges topped with an cinnamon oatmeal crumb crust. More..
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes Recipe - These chocolate covered strawberry cupcakes are sure to be a hit with your boyfriend, husband or loved one. They look very pretty and would make a great thoughtful hand made gift idea for Valentines Day. Imagine the delight if you opened a box of these chololate covered strawberry cupcakes that someone made you! More…