Are you a snacker? I have always been a snacker and have not always made the best food choices to snack on. Did you know one of the reasons we find it difficult to lose weight is we snack too much? Many Americans snack on high caloric foods which have very little nutritional value, leading to stagnant weight loss. If you are a snacker and are trying to lose weight, there are plenty of healthy and yummy alternatives. Some snacks can actually help you burn fat, therefore helping you lose that weight more efficiently. If you can find snacks which are around 200 calories, have at least 5 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber, you are doing great!
6 Healthy Snacks When Losing Weight
- An Apple And Skim Milk: Apples have lots of fiber, are filling and taste great. If you pair that with the low fat in skim milk, which also has protein, you have a powerful combination.
- Tuna And Whole Wheat Crackers: Tuna is packed with protein, is heart healthy and pairing it with a whole grain or wheat cracker makes the perfect snack.
- Fresh Fruit Smoothie: Grab a container of Greek yogurt, fresh blueberries, a banana and skim milk and you have a refreshing and delicious snack filled with protein, fiber, and is less than 150 calories!
- Nuts And Cucumber Water: A handful of 30 plain almonds or 50 pistachios and a glass of ice cold cucumber infused water makes a protein packed snack under 150 calories. During the hot months, your body needs plenty of water. Adding fresh cucumbers adds flavor and is refreshing in the warm weather.
- Nutella On Multi Grain Toast: I love the chocolate and hazelnut taste and creamy texture of Nutella. If you add 2 tbsp. to a piece of multi grain bread, you get a rich and tasty snack with protein, fiber and is just over 200 calories.
- Protein Snack Bars: If you are in a hurry or just want something light and easy to eat, a protein bar is a great snack. You need to learn to read labels because not all protein snack bars are created equal. Some bars can have a lot of fat grams and calories and not a lot of nutritional value. I prefer the taste and trust the nutritional content of thinkThin® snack bars.
I have been pleasantly surprised at how yummy healthy snacking can be! I no longer crave chips, pretzels, popcorn, ice cream or cupcakes. I have replaced those with all of the foods in this list as well as many others. Because I am on the go a lot and am super busy, I do not always have the time to prepare a proper snack. I love the thinkThin® Lean Protein and Fiber™ bars because I can toss one in my purse and I am good to go! They have a ton of varieties, they are packed full of fiber and protein and other ingredients I can feel good about putting in my body. Now I do not need to give up flavorful or healthy snacks for weight loss just because I do not have time. I was sent a variety of bars from the Lean and Protein, Crunch Mixed Nuts and the High Protein groups. My absolute favorites are the Chocolate Dipped Mixed Nuts and , Caramel Chocolate Dipped Mixed Nuts. You can purchase the bars from the thinkThin® website as well as Amazon, and they are available by the single bar for $2 or a box of 10 for $16.
I am a huge nut lover, so these were the first bars to get gobbled up! My next favorites were the Chunky Peanut Butter high protein bar and the Cinnamon Bun White Chocolate Lean Protein and Fiber Bar. These bars are not like a lot of protein and fiber bars which taste like cardboard or paste. These have full and rich flavors, the peanut butter is creamy and the nuts are so crunchy and oh so delicious! The thinkThin® Lean Protein and Fiber bars are just 150 calories, have 10 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber They will give you the energy you need to keep you going and will keep you full and satisfied until the next meal. They are made from 100% non-GMO ingredients, which is super important to me and they are also low in sugar and gluten-free. It is no surprise they were the winner of the “Healthy Food Award” from Fitness Magazine. To see the entire selection of thinkThin® bars, be sure to visit their product page on the website as well as their recipe page for more healthy snack ideas. Stay current with thinkThin® by following them on Twitter and Pinterest. One USA reader will win a $25 Visa GC and a variety of thinkThin® bars.
What is your favorite healthy snack for weight loss?