6 Healthy Snacks When Losing Weight
- An Apple And Skim Milk: Apples have lots of fiber, are filling and taste great. If you pair that with the low fat in skim milk, which also has protein, you have a powerful combination.
- Tuna And Whole Wheat Crackers: Tuna is packed with protein, is heart healthy and pairing it with a whole grain or wheat cracker makes the perfect snack.
- Fresh Fruit Smoothie: Grab a container of Greek yogurt, fresh blueberries, a banana and skim milk and you have a refreshing and delicious snack filled with protein, fiber, and is less than 150 calories!
- Nuts And Cucumber Water: A handful of 30 plain almonds or 50 pistachios and a glass of ice cold cucumber infused water makes a protein packed snack under 150 calories. During the hot months, your body needs plenty of water. Adding fresh cucumbers adds flavor and is refreshing in the warm weather.
- Nutella On Multi Grain Toast: I love the chocolate and hazelnut taste and creamy texture of Nutella. If you add 2 tbsp. to a piece of multi grain bread, you get a rich and tasty snack with protein, fiber and is just over 200 calories.
- Protein Snack Bars: If you are in a hurry or just want something light and easy to eat, a protein bar is a great snack. You need to learn to read labels because not all protein snack bars are created equal. Some bars can have a lot of fat grams and calories and not a lot of nutritional value. I prefer the taste and trust the nutritional content of thinkThin® snack bars.
I am a huge nut lover, so these were the first bars to get gobbled up! My next favorites were the Chunky Peanut Butter high protein bar and the Cinnamon Bun White Chocolate Lean Protein and Fiber Bar. These bars are not like a lot of protein and fiber bars which taste like cardboard or paste. These have full and rich flavors, the peanut butter is creamy and the nuts are so crunchy and oh so delicious! The thinkThin® Lean Protein and Fiber bars are just 150 calories, have 10 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber They will give you the energy you need to keep you going and will keep you full and satisfied until the next meal. They are made from 100% non-GMO ingredients, which is super important to me and they are also low in sugar and gluten-free. It is no surprise they were the winner of the “Healthy Food Award” from Fitness Magazine. To see the entire selection of thinkThin® bars, be sure to visit their product page on the website as well as their recipe page for more healthy snack ideas. Stay current with thinkThin® by following them on Twitter and Pinterest. One USA reader will win a $25 Visa GC and a variety of thinkThin® bars.
What is your favorite healthy snack for weight loss?